Part 41

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Geiju, Midori, Osoro, Gaku and Umeji all met up that Monday at the school gates. Umeji glowered at Geiju, his eyes full of disdain, though, the art club leader didn't care.
"I'm still suspended so I can't enter the school. But I'll search the streets for info." Osoro said before turning around and walking away.

"I just wanna start out by mentioning the Nurse's death last week. They said it was a overdose of illegal drugs." Midori said, standing closely to Gaku. Midori continued, "A lot tragedies have occured the last few weeks and if anything is linked to Y/n's disappearance, it's that."

"So, we find the culprit then we find Y/n?" Gaku asked. Midori nodded and showed them a note she had written down of every school incident.
Geiju notice Umeji's eyes widen as a gasp left his lips. Geiju asked, "What?" Umeji ignored Geiju and looked to Gaku, "I heard Y/n say something about that once!"

〰︎〰︎〰︎

"My entire life has been torn apart. My friends are dying or leaving. It's been terrible event after terrible event... And... I think it's all because of Ayano..."  Umeji's brow raised.

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know why she's doing it. But it's all come back to you. Think about it, every single girl who's come too close to you is gone. Normally injured or killed."

"What are you talking about? Don't start horrendous rumors.."

"Listen! Kokona got bullied into moving away. Osana was poisoned, Kizana's.. Death... I'll come back to that.. Oka was stabbed and so on. Don't you think that's all weird?!"

"And... Kizana... I'm going to be honest. I know 100% that Ayano is behind her death."

How does she know for sure? Umeji thought to himself.

"How do you know?"  Umeji heard the boy ask.

"Because.... I-I helped her..."  Umeji's eyes went wide and his heart dropped.

You were behind her death?

"Are you saying you...."

"Ayano asked me to help her... I didn't really understand what her plan was until it was too late.... She made me do her dirty work so I couldn't tell... But... You should know and... If you want to report me to the police then that's your choice.. I won't try to stop you.. I just can't handle this burden anymore and Ayano needs to be stopped!"

〰︎〰︎〰︎

"We need to question someone named Ayano. And some guy with black hair and gray eyes." Umeji said. Both Gaku and Midori perked up, "Ayano? She's in my class." Gaku said and Midori added in, "Ayano is one of Y/n's friends. Although, I don't think they are friends anymore." Midori pulled out her phone and showed them a group selfie from earlier that year. One with Ayano in it. Midori zoomed into the photo and pointed at Ayano, "This is her."

Geiju took a mental note of everything, "Two groups. Midori, Gaku. Me, Umeji." Geiju suggested. Umeji cringed and crossed his arms, "I'm NOT working with you." The blonde hissed at Geiju. The artist furrowed his brows, giving the delinquent a confused look, "Why?"

"So me and Gaku will talk to Taro and you guys talk to Ayano! Later!" Midori grabbed Gaku's hand and ran off, dragging the delinquent behind her despite his protests.

Umeji and Geiju just stood there, glaring at one another. While Umeji was jealous of Geiju, the art club leader couldn't understand why the delinquent disliked him. What did he ever do to him?

"Let's go." Geiju ordered before turning around and making his way into the school. Umeji groaned and skipped his hands into his pockets before following after the artist.

The walk was long and awkward as the pair searched for Ayano. Neither of them really know what she looks but Umeji had seen her a few times, though, he never paid much attention.

Passing the Cooking Club, a girl was running in the halls and accidentally bumped into Umeji. Immediately, he pushed her away aggressively using one hand, "Back off!" Be aggressively shouted, nearly knocking the girl over.

Once she looked up, the pair both noticed it was Ayano. The person they'd been searching for.

"Ayano." Geiju said, reaching his hand out to her. Hesitantly, she grabbed it and he helped her up. "We wanna ask you a few questions." Umeji pushed Geiju aside. The girl raised a brow and took a step back, "About what?"

"About Y/n." Geiju said. Ayano's expression turned dull, the void of any emotion. Ayano asked, "What about her?" In the most robotic tone Umeji had ever heard. He furrowed his brows and glared at the suspicious woman.
"We're trying to figure out what happened to her. So we are questioning people." Umeji tried to make it sound as if he wasn't suspecting her. After all, he did hear you say Ayano killed people. And now, you're suddenly gone? It's suspicious for sure.

"Then, let's talk somewhere more private." She pointed to the empty cooking club. Geiju and Umeji glanced at one another before following Ayano inside.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Gaku and Midori found Taro sitting at the water fountain, reading his book. Midori, still holding Gaku's hand, dragged the delinquent over to Taro and greeted him, "Hey Taro!"

The bookworm looked up from his novel, a little shocked to see Midori with one of the feared delinquents. "Hey... Midori... Do you need something?" Taro asked but Gaku stepped in before Midori could say anything, "We want to ask you some questions about Y/n."
Taro's face was a mixture of anger and sadness. The last thing he said to you was..

"You're a revolting person."

Taro felt horrible saying that to you. He had known you since his childhood. But, murder? Nothing disgusted him more. And even though he didn't believe you, to make something up like that? So his emotions conflicted with one another.

On one hand he was angry at you.

And in the other, he was angry at himself and sad that you were now gone. And he didn't even know if you were alive. What if that was the last thing he'd ever say to you?

"Perhaps we could go somewhere more.. Private?" Midori suggested, gesturing to the plenty of people around.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎