4 👑 The trophy of victory

Hyesoo fell on the ground and Yoongi pressed his sword on her throat

Hyesoo fell on the ground and Yoongi pressed his sword on her throat. The wound stung as blood streamed down the shining blade. But her eyes never left his though her expression was different from before.

"I will give two options to you." Yoongi deadpanned. "One, marry me and make The Great Mins your alliance-"

"Never! I would never marry someone like you!" She spat in haterade.

"Let me complete my words, Princess. Impatience will only lead to more trouble." He chuckled dryly and continued, "Two, I will kill every one of your family including you, burn down the houses and make sure no Realian blood is alive."

Hyesoo's words stopped in her throat. It was her on one side and her family and subjects on the other side. She could choose none nor reject one. A lump began to form in her throat but she refused to cry.

"I'll give you tonight's time to think." Yoongi withdrew his sword and walked toward his horse. He then galloped away leaving the defeated princess still on the ground.

It was already the sunset the battle ended before the sun got invisible. Hyesoo looked around herself with teary eyes. Piles of dead bodies, mostly the Jung Armies, were laid all over the ground. The sandy battlefield was bathed in crimson liquid. Everything went down in vain. For a moment she was sure that she would win. She was sure that she could make her brother proud instead she only raged a fearsome storm in the whole kingdom. She threw water in the hopes of her countrymen. She got defeated.

She screamed, unable to hold any longer. She kept on letting out agonizing, defeated, and vulnerable cries. She feared the new sun, she feared the future. She feared herself.

👑~👑

King Jung Hoseok watched the Mins enter his palace through the balcony

King Jung Hoseok watched the Mins enter his palace through the balcony. He had got the news of his defeat. What could he even do? He was on crossroads. He let the decision of his sister be final. He would never force her to do anything against her will. He was ready to die for her.

Min Yoongi elegantly sat on the royal elephant's back. Behind him were armies marching like a swarm of bees. A palanquin followed the Emperor's elephant. They stopped infront of the palace gate. The next scene made Hoseok gasp.