22 👑 Prooving innocent

Hyesoo walked inside the palace

Hyesoo walked inside the palace. She made her way straight to Yoongi's room. The emperor was zoned out on his couch, a wine glass resting in his hands. He looked sad. She slightly cleared her throat to catch his attention.

Yoongi looked up at her and eyed her attire. "Were you practicing?"

Hyesoo nervously smiled at him and spoke up, "You look sad. Is anything bothering you?"

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He didn't know how to explain to her about his second marriage. He thought she would hate him even more. He didn't want to risk that. He feared losing her. "I-its just some political affairs. Nothing of much importance to you."

"Yoongi, you are stuttering." Her judgemental eyes bore into his skull.

He avoided eye contact as much as possible, "Why did you come here?" He tried to change the topic.

Hyesoo thought not to push him more. He would discuss if he wanted to. She thus she decided to speak about Jungkook. After her last visit to Darlin, she decided to come clean to her husband. She would not hide anything from him. "I am sorry for my actions but I visited Darlin this morning," She timidly spoke fearing his reactions.

Yoongi didn't burst out like before. He didn't even slut-shamed her. He looked more composed now. However, his icicles were cold meaning he wasn't pleased with the news. "Why?"

"A-about that attack. I want to hear the truth from his mouth."

"And? He said it was his doing?" The emperor sarcastically remarked. His fist was clenched in anger. But he promised Hyesoo he wouldn't lash out.

"He is innocent, Yoongi. He didn't send those bandits."

"Expected answer." He mumbled loud enough to be heard.

"It's a misunderstanding. Someone is trying to frame him."

"Why is everything related to Jungkook a misunderstanding??" He couldn't help but snap.

She didn't like where the conversation was going. "Yoongi, I love you." The emperor was caught off guard by her sudden confession. A blush crept up on his cheeks but it vanished at her next words, "But I believe Jungkook. He is my friend and he wasn't lying."

Yoongi mockingly laughed at her and ran his hand through his hair, "I fell for your words for a moment but you know what? Never mind." His eyes darkened, "He is just fooling you. He is a greedy man. He wants this empire. He doesn't love you. You are just an excuse to start a war."

"Yoongi! Don't forget you had sent men to kill him! You are no different from him then!" The emperor was taken aback by her words. She wasn't supposed to know that.

"The situation is completely different. At least I didn't send men to kill my lover."

"Yoongi it was an act of cowardice. You could have confronted him if you were that much triggered." Hyesoo spoke back.

"Damn it!" He threw the wine glass at the wall. It shattered into pieces startling Hyesoo. She didn't want to face the beast form of Yoongi again.

"Let me believe you and consider Jungkook an innocent. Then who else would be daring to attack the Elesian emperor or his queen? Everyone fears for his life, Hyesoo. This audacity is punishable by death."

"I am sorry Yoongi. I don't want to trigger you. But I cannot let you accuse an innocent. Someone else did this and I will find them at any cost." Her thoughts swarmed back to Taehyung. Areum had said he was acting suspicious. "You are probably focusing on the well-known enemy, Jeon Jungkook, while the real criminal is enjoying his freedom and plotting something worse."

"One week... thats what you have. Either you prove Jungkook was innocent or you face the punishment for defending the accused." His tone was graver and much more formal.

Hyesoo's eyes were filled with tears of anger but she nodded. "I will catch the miscreant. I promise." Then she left the room.

If she could defend Jungkook then why couldn't he marry Nari? He was the emperor and he was allowed to practice polygamy. He didn't need to feel guilty about Hyesoo. Yoongi was consumed by jealousy and decided to obey his mother.

Just when the emperor thought things couldn't get worse Hyesoo barged into his room once again. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were tear-strained. Her chest rose and fell turmoltosly She looked devasted but her words were like an arrow aimed at Yoongi.

"Are you marrying Kim Nari?"

👑~👑

What kind of love is this?
What kind of fear is this?
How can I sort out this whirlwind of emotions?

What kind of love is this? What kind of fear is this?How can I sort out this whirlwind of emotions?

Short chapter but I want to discuss something with you.

I have been watching a famous anime named balck butler.
It was a great one until they began mocking the indian culture. They not only looked down upon indian people and depicted them as violent thugs but also they disrespected our Gods. They took it as far as defeating Goddess Kali's powers by a demon. They made fun of our believes and showed wrong gestures. They also made a joke of the mythological history of Kali. They chose the darkest shade of brown for our skin. They even slut shamed indian women and the Royal culture.

I understand that things were spicy between the english men and indians in early twentieth century but that doesn't mean an anime made is 2008 will glorify it nor does it have to right to mock our culture.

You may think i am pondering over a simple anime... but these are utterly disrespecting for me as an Indian.

No offence to my foreigner (british) readers. I do love you without any prejudice. Since things are much better between the two races, people should also come out of their orthodox belives and stop making these kind of stuff looking down upon any culture. No country is almighty enough to rule the whole world.

Hope i was able to state my point without enraging any of my chimes.
🎗🎗