46 👑 The Little Emperor

Jungkook's vision was blurred due to the overflowing of tears

Jungkook's vision was blurred due to the overflowing of tears. He harshly bit his lips to prevent his sobs until he heard someone else. Taehyung wiped his tears. His eyes were red and puffy. It was too much information for him to take in. His whole existence was upturned in a single night. He could easily disbelieve Jungkook's words but he knew the younger was speaking the truth because he faintly remebered the face of the woman whom he had claimed as their mother.

"I don't know if I should hate you because you are the son of the person who was responsible for the death of my parents or love you because you are my brother..." Taehyung choked back a sob. How he wished to hug his mother at that time!

"I cannot undo my father's deeds and neither I will ask you to forgive him. I just want to assure you that he suffered after her death. I saw him crying to sleep with my own eyes. I saw him avoiding me because I resemble her. Evil or not, the man had suffered." The Emperor of Darlin nostalgically spoke. Whatever might be the past, he knew his father loved him very much and he did too. Jaeson might be a bad person but he was a good father to Jungkook.

Taehyung chose to remain silent. His mind invoked haterade but his heart welcomed Jungkook. Suddenly he felt two arms wrapped around his body, "I don't want us to fight for blood... Hyung." He genuinely whispered in his ears before walking away into the dark woods.

The older prince stayed frozen on his spot. More tears flowed down his brown orbs, "Neither do I... dongsaeng."

👑~👑

It was a restless night for Hyesoo. She began having cramps as she shifted in her sleep until she sat up. Her body was covered in sweat but what surprised her was that her bed was soaked. Did her water just break?

She began getting nervous. The huge room began haunting her. She saw the flying curtains and flickering candlelight in a haze. She wanted Yoongi to be present with her. She wanted his comforting words in her ears. But unfortunately, the emperor was away on the battlefield, fighting for the entire kingdom.

The maids and doctors rushed to her aid as her cramps began getting more painful. The Queen Mother dowager sat beside her and caressed her hair for comfort. "It's okay. Don't panic. Everything will be fine."

"I miss him, mother. When will Yoongi return." She spoke out of breath in pain. "I can't do this alone."

"He will be back in no time, dear. Just a few more days. Imagine how happy my son will be after he sees his child." The older woman consoled.

"Ca- Can I hold the horse statue?" She spoke through her gritted teeth. She was emotionally attached with it. It was a token of their love. It saw the growth of their little love. The maids obeyed her.

Hyesoo screamed every time she pushed, hands tightly clutching the white statue. She thought she was brave enough to get through it but reality seems harder. "Its hurts so much!" She cried.