32 👑 Stand with Justice

"Yoongi, I have something to give you

"Yoongi, I have something to give you." His mother gently placed a hand on his shoulder and held two scrolls with the other one.

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What is this?"

"Find it out yourself. I will support whatever decision you take." She patted his shoulder twice before walking away leaving a confused Yoongi behind.

The emperor of Elesia plopped himself on the couch and leisurely opened the first scroll. He began reading with furrowed eyebrows.

You must kill the Queen tonight. If you fail, I'll make your life a living hell.

Lady Nari.

Yoongi had his eyes burning in rage by the end of the letter. Hyesoo was trying to show him this scroll. He never thought things would get so heated and honestly speaking, he didn't want to believe that Nari could do such a cheap thing. He feared what else was written on the second scroll. What kind of betrayal he would face? With trembling hands, he opened the paper.

The Emperor and his Queen have gone into the forest. They are unguarded. Make sure he never returns alive. You will be paid favorably.

Lady Rhea.

Min Yoongi crushed the paper with his palm. Rhea tried to kill him twice yet he didn't even have a hunch. At this point, he didn't know whom to trust and whom to not. Hyesoo, whom he had once considered his enemy, risked her life to save him, twice. On the other hand, Rhea who was his own blood, his little sister, tried to kill him.

👑~👑

No sooner did the sun rise than every member of Min's family was commanded to present in the courtroom. Seokjin and Namjoon were the only exceptions because they were involved in the cases. No one dared to utter a word. Yoongi was like a dormant volcano that could explode at any moment creating a huge destruction. The crown elegantly rested on his head proving his superiority. The hold on his sword was tighter than usual. The bright golden-black imperial cloak made him look no less scary than the devil.

Nari tried to hide behind the wide shoulders of her brother. She was scared. Yoongi was aware of her trying to kill Hyesoo. She even tried to steal the scroll the first queen had as proof against her but she couldn't find anything in her room. She wished that Yoongi had forgotten about it.

"Bring her," Yoongi commanded one of the soldiers. Soon Rhea was brought into the courtroom.

Her eyes were almost invisible in the dark sockets. Her dress was worn out and her body had been numerously patched with dust and mud. With dried lips and messed-up hair, she looked like a rag doll abused by dogs on road, a look that was very much humiliating for the royals.

Yoongi glanced at Taehyung. The younger had not spoken anything since then. He emptily stared at the giant pillar across him as if his mind was in some other universe. He didn't even acknowledge his sister's presence.