47 👑 The Last Battle

"Enough of waiting I had! I can't live in peace knowing my husband could be killed at any moment

"Enough of waiting I had! I can't live in peace knowing my husband could be killed at any moment." Hyesoo stood up in frustration. It has been two days since her son was born. Nari cradled the little prince while his mother was impatiently pacing around the room. She had always gone to war and thus didn't know how the family felt while she was out.

"But Hyesoo, you can't live Yoojin alone!" Nari reasoned. She had decided on a perfect name for the newborn prince. Yoojin meant 'precious' since he was precious to the entire Min family.

"I'll go to the battlefield. I will make both of the kingdoms sign a peace treaty. I will do anything to prevent them from dying even if it requires me to keep a sword at my throat."

"Hyesoo! What about your son?" Nari stood up.

"Don't worry I'll be back very soon. It's not that I am leaving him forever and even if by any chance I don't return... I trust you with my son. I am sure you will never let him feel deprived of his mother." She held Nari's shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. The latter didn't know how to respond. She simply nodded.

Hyesoo was dressed in her battle armour. Her horse, Ara, was waiting for her outside the palace. "I will not tolerate any mishappening while I am away. Prime Minister Kim Seokjin will be in charge of the throne till the Emperor returns." She announced boldly. All the officials were against Hyesoo going into the battlefield but her words were the ultimate command. She was the Empress of the Kingdom.

She walked over to Nari and cradled her son in her arms. The little one scrunched his nose in the discomfort of the solid armour. His big eyes stared at his mother. "I am going to bring your father home. Wait for me, okay?" She handed him back to Nari and walked out of the palace.

If she started now, she would reach the army camp by evening. She could terminate the battle that day itself. She pulled the reigns and the horse galloped faster.

👑~👑

Emperor Min of Elesia faced Emperor Jeon of Darlin. They hawked at each other trying to ignore the soft spot in their hearts. Yoongi learnt about Jungkook and Taehyung. The latter leaving the battle was a huge disadvantage to the Mins but Yoongi understood his brother's feelings. He could not force him to fight his younger brother. To make sure they won, he had to end the battle today itself, while he was still in a good shape.