24 👑 Shocking truth

The sun rose beginning the day of marriage

The sun rose beginning the day of marriage. The maids and servants were busy with the arrangements. The palace was beautifully decorated. The doors were open for the countrymen to witness the grand wedding. Men and women wore expensive hanboks and made their hair with style. The whole nation celebrated the long awaited, imperial wedding of Emperor Min Yoongi and Lady Kim Nari.

The Queen Mother Dowager was the most excited one here besides Kim Nari. The would-be-empress had been caking herself with makeup since morning. She would finally be one with her lover. Seokjin visited her once or twice. He was busy attending to the royal guests.

Min Rhea was also assisting her

Min Rhea was also assisting her. The only person whom she considered her friend was lady Nari. They trusted each other with their secrets. They even teamed up to achieve their goals. Taehyung, on other hand, was with Yoongi. He gave him company while the emperor sulked. Yoongi only hoped Hyesoo would forgive him in the future.

The Raelian princess was however unfazed by all the celebration. She decided to ignore her throbbing heart every time she saw Nari clinging to Yoongi. The emperor though never returned her actions but at the same time never forbade her. He seemed to be enjoying her company. Hyesoo kept herself locked in her room since the day she had learned about Yoongi's second marriage. The emperor tried to meet her a few times but she refused to meet him. Yoongi eventually stopped approaching three days ago. There was a cold war between Yoongi and Hyesoo. They didn't hate each other but they avoided the other's presence as much as possible.

It had been a week and Hyesoo was supposed to prove Jungkook's innocence and catch the real culprit. She tried every means to get a clue but couldn't get anything. Areum also helped her in keeping an eye on Taehyung, but the said man did nothing suspicious. It made her think if he was a bad guy in the first place.

Luckily, Hyesoo learned that the leader of the bandit was still alive and was kept in the royal prison. He was her last key. She had to get the word out of his mouth at any cost.

She walked down the stony staircase into the underground prison. She had never visited this place. The sun was almost down and the corridor was dark. She had to carry a torch to get a clear vision of her path. The walls were damp. She could hear the distant dripping of water.