30 👑 Blood of Achilles

2K+ reads!! Wohoooo🤩🤩

2K+ reads!! Wohoooo🤩🤩. Thank you, chimes.

"Commander Namjoon?" The man blurted out in awe. It meant the nobleman was correct. He was the emperor. He at once broke into tears, "I am sorry, your majesty. I failed to recognize you. I behaved very rudely with you. Please forgive me for my sins. I shall give my life to help you."

Yoongi retreated his weapon without giving an expression, "I appreciate your loyalty but I would like you to help anyone in need not only the emperor."

"I am ashamed, Your majesty. Let me pay for my sins by helping you. Come with me." He stood up and directed Yoongi and others to the small ship.

The wooden vessel cranked after every step they took. It was overloaded but they could care less. The ship was very old. Some of the masts were broken. "I cannot guarantee the weather my lord, but if everything is in our favor we should reach there in two hours."

"I'll give you my ring if you can make it in 1 hour," Yoongi stated which made Namjoon widen his eyes. But the general chose not to speak. Three hours had already passed since she had drunk the poison. It meant they had only five hours to go and return.

"No! I cannot take that from you." He bowed. "It seems very dear to you."

Nothing is more important than Hyesoo. Yoongi thought and pressed his lips to form a thin line. He could give hundreds of such dear items to save his dear love. "It will be a reward."

The sailor wasted no time and began sailing. The weather seemed good and the wind was in their favor. The ship was able to reach the shore in eighty minutes. Namjoon asked the sailor to wait for them on the shore and boarded down.

"Get scattered throughout the place," Yoongi commanded once they had reached the rugged terrains of the Himalayas. It was covered with thick green canopies.

"But that might be dangerous." Namjoon objected.

"We don't have much time. Stop questioning my words and follow my commands!" He scolded.

"I am sorry." Joon looked down.

"If you anyone finds the Blood of Achilles, blow the siren." Yoongi addressed everyone. He then pulled the reigns and galloped into the darkness. The six soldiers including Namjoon obeyed him.

Yoongi looked up at the steep slope before him. Luckily, the sky was now completely clear and the moon shone in full glory making it a bright source of light for his vision. The damp cliffs reflected the silvery hue. His horse wouldn't be able to climb that much height. He had to do it on his own. He tightened the smock around his body and puffed out the air from his mouth which condensed as soon as it came in contact with the cool atmosphere.

He firmly gripped one of the protruding edges and pulled up his body. After some minutes which felt like hours to him, Yoongi finally got a broad stone to rest his limbs. He lay on his back while panting. Climbing was never his thing. His limbs ached but he couldn't back off now.

His eyes were fixed on the bright midnight sun. He reminisced about his first kiss with Hyesoo. How flustered she looked! For the first time, she had broken her loathful wall and let him take the lead. "You should smile more often." His lips formed a faint smile on recalling her words. To come to think of it, Yoongi did treat her very poorly. He took her for granted. He never knew how much she meant to him, how much she wrapped his life with happiness until now. He was scared of losing the only source of light in his dark world. He was afraid that he might never be able to forgive himself. Only if he had acted wisely and believed her words. But things were still yet to happen. Hyesoo wasn't dead yet. He still had the chance to make up for his sins. He had to reach Elesia as soon as possible.

With new determination, he stood up again. He glanced at the ground. The coconut trees looked like the toys he used to play with when he was young. He was standing on a boulder too high for his safety. If he slipped it would be an end for him, an end for the Emperor of Elesia. But wouldn't that mean a new beginning  with his love in the afterlife?

Yoongi threw away all the suicidal thoughts and began climbing again. The temperature dropped as he ascended. He could spot some patches of white snow collected on the stones. He let out a shivery breath and continued. He immediately retreated his hand with a shriek when something cold and slippery touched his palm. He was only hanging in three limbs now.

Soon the cold reptile slid down his other arm that was holding the rock. The devilish, green slit-eyes of the yellow-black snake were fixed on Yoongi. It debated whether to attack its prey or let him go. The male kept as quiet as possible. He even held his breath and prayed the snake to go away. The position he was handing would not allow him to draw his sword.

Lubb dup

Lubb Dup

Lubb Dup

The emperor counted his heartbeats. The snake hissed, tiny bifurcated tongue coming out of his mouth. Then it slowly disappeared into the hole below his feet after sliding its way via his body. Yoongi exhaled in relief and gulped his dry throat.

Finally, his eyes fell on the blood red coloured leaves that stood out of every vegetation in that place. However, God had some other plans for him since there was only one plant that grew on the most dangerous cliff. It was covered with snow and no one knew if there was solid ground beneath. Yoongi bit his dry lips and clenched his fists in anxiety. Droplets of water had frozen on his hair by now.

He took one cautious step after another until his hand was some inches from the Blood of Achilles

He took one cautious step after another until his hand was some inches from the Blood of Achilles. He tightly gripped a solid stone and extended his had to retrieve the herb. He couldn't take the risk of falling into his death now. He had to live and so would Hyesoo.

His fingers were just some centimeters away when the snow broke and the plant fell along with it. "NOOOOO!!"Yoongi screamed as he saw the plant disappearing into the darkness below. But his misery didn't end there. His punishment wasn't enough yet as his hold suddenly slipped and the Emperor followed the Blood of Achilles into the dark abyss below.

 His punishment wasn't enough yet as his hold suddenly slipped and the Emperor followed the Blood of Achilles into the dark abyss below

Drop down your hobby. -->

Questions

1. Will this be the end of the love story?

2. What will happen if Hyesoo wakes up but Yoongi never returns?