29 👑 Going against all odds

Yoongi at once was on his feet as if he was hit with a new spark of energy

Yoongi at once was on his feet as if he was hit with a new spark of energy. "What did you just say?? There is a cure?! Say, I heard correct?! Mother!!"

The old woman held his shoulders and smiled with tight lips. "There is, my son."

"But my lady, how is that possible? I mean no one knows about it. No books have its record." The chief doctor gasped in disbelief.

"When I was young, my father was attacked with the same poison." She began, "It was a life and death situation for not only the king but also the whole kingdom because we were at war. However, there was one saint who happened to be sheltered in our camp that night. He looked like a crazy nomad but he knew the cure. The Red Venom poison could only be cured by the Blood of Achilles. It was a plant that only grew in the high mountains of the Myanmar region and is extremely rare to find. They have a fruity smell with blood-red colored leaves, though there are green leaves too; only the red ones are effective. The saint was luckily carrying the herbs with him. We were too desperate to verify his words hence fed father with that. The worst that could happen was his death but wasn't he already going to die?" The whole room was silent except for the wheezes that left Hyesoo's lips. "And he survived."

"I'll get the herbs myself. Thank you, mother!" Yoongi hastily hugged her and was about to run when she spoke again.

"Yoongi! Myanmar is too far from here and she does not have much time. The poison kills a person within eight hours after giving their body extreme pain and torture. Believe me, when I say, she is wanting to free her soul from this painful body every passing second." She spoke dejectedly. She couldn't give her son false hope with sweet words. She had to make him face the truth.

"I. will. Not. Let her. Die." He spoke sternly. Everyone including the queen mother dowager could feel the dark aura around him. They didn't have enough guts to go against him.

He ran to Hyesoo and took her hands. The usual warm and soft palm felt cold and dry now. He could see the dark veins pop on her wrinkled forehead. "Just endure a little more, my Queen. I will be back before you realize it. I promise I will punish the miscreant severely. So, don't you dare die on me." He gave a gentle squish on her hand and kissed her forehead before rushing out of the room.

Nari stood outside Hyesoo's room and eavesdropped on the conversation of the Emperor and the Queen mother. Her fist was clenched in jealousy. Just when she thought Hyesoo was out of her way, the old woman had to find out a cure. She couldn't believe her eyes. The Yoongi she was seeing was whom she had never seen in her entire life. He never looked so vulnerable. Hyesoo had wrapped him around her fingers very cunningly. Though she was angry at Rhea for trying to kill Yoongi, she was glad that at least Hyesoo was dying.

She quickly hid herself when Yoongi ran out of the room. Her wedding night got ruined. Yoongi was supposed to stay with her instead he was running to save this wrench. She bit her lips to stop the tears of heartbreak.