12 👑 Attacked

Hyesoo didn't look back and kept on running

Hyesoo didn't look back and kept on running. She wanted to run away from the Min Emperor. Her mind was constantly replaying the kiss. She hated herself for enjoying the kiss. She felt guilty. Jungkook was probably waiting for her. She had betrayed him. She couldn't be falling for Yoongi in this way. She loved the Prince of Darlin. She was supposed to marry him and spend the rest of her life with him.

She cupped her mouth to prevent the sobs from escaping. Her vision was clouded with tears. She finally stopped running and looked around herself in dismay. It was dark. Some moonlight peeped through the thick canopies but not enough to adequately lighten the forest. The branches were tilted in a spooky way. An eerie silence curtained all over the atmosphere.

Initially, she heard Yoongi's voice behind her but now it had faded

Initially, she heard Yoongi's voice behind her but now it had faded. He had lost her or worse, left her. The distant howling of foxes and other wild animals echoed in some intervals. Some crickets decided to play their melody to keep aware of their presence.

Hyesoo anxiously clutched her dress as her glossy eyes scanned for the trace of any human. Running away was not a good idea. She was still new to this land. Getting lost in the middle of the forest was probably the worst case. She heavily sighed and tried to retrace her steps. Suddenly her ears caught a rustling sound.

She gulped, fear creeping up in her guts. What if it's a wild beast? For the millionth time, she cursed Yoongi for not allowing her to keep any weapon. She scanned the area around herself once and quietly stepped forward. The hustle was heard again in the bushes. Sweat trickled down her back even on a chilly night. She desperately tried to spot the creature but saw only dark shadows of branches.

The night darkened. It was probably past midnight. Fogs began to cover the forest. Hyesoo could hear the periodic hustles. Her gut warned her. "Y-Yoongi? Is that you?" She increased her pace. A loud beastly roar startled her and she looked back to check. Suddenly she collided with something and then got pushed into a huge tree trunk. Her back pained from the impact. She knew it was bruised.

But at that moment her eyes were fixed on the panting emperor before her. He supported his hands on either side of her head and locked her in between. His dark eyes were fixed on her as drops of sweat fell on her nose. Hyesoo mimicked his actions. Their warm exhalation condensed as soon as they came in contact with the chilly air. The emperor's intimidating eyes confined Hyesoo's mental ability.