39 👑 Life of the subjects

1k+ votes????😲😲😲😲

1k+ votes????
😲😲😲😲

"You owe an explanation to me" Nari crossed her arms across her chest. Jungkook cleared his throat and removed his helmet. He ran his fingers through his sweaty locks making Nari skip a heartbeat. She gulped her dry throat and looked away.

"I am from Realia. I was a loyal soldier of Queen Hyesoo. I fought alongside her in the battle. I wanted to meet her. I heard she was sick. Emperor Min would never allow a commoner like me to visit his queen. So I had no other choice but to sneak in." Jungkook was able to fool her, though his words weren't completely a lie.

"I see." She replied as they walked into the backyard of the palace. "This is where we part. If you go straight, you will directly end up in the forest. People don't use this path much. You should be safe."

Jungkook genuinely smiled at her. "Thank you, my lady. You helped me a lot today. I'll return your favour one day." He ran towards the forest where his soldiers were supposed to be waiting.

Nari kept on staring at his disappearing form. He was insanely handsome and courteous indeed. Her heart was racing which she chose to ignore. She wanted to spend some more time with him. The very short span she spent with him made her forget about her miseries. Suddenly she realized that she didn't even know his name. "Stupid Nari!" She cursed herself.

👑~👑

The Royal couple was dressed in ragged, dusty attire. Yoongi had a fake beard and mustache attached to his face. Hyesoo wore a wig and smeared dirt on her body to give herself a poor look. A group of ten soldiers accompanied them for protection. They were also dressed as commoners. The group looked like wanderers who frequently visited the kingdom.

The marketplace was crowded. Men and women were engaged in selling or buying items. Yoongi walked over to a carpentry shop. A beautifully craved white horse showpiece had caught his attention. "How much is this?"

 "How much is this?"

"Five silver coins." The shopkeeper politely replied. However, Yoongi only had gold coins with him. He thus gave him two of those.

"I am really sorry, I can't give you change for these."