13 👑 Life and Death

Relief would be an understatement for what Hyesoo felt after meeting the Elesian Prince

Relief would be an understatement for what Hyesoo felt after meeting the Elesian Prince. Taehyung was shocked to see their condition. She spat everything that happened on their way back. The bandits lost them, the royal group was now galloping through the known road. Taehyung had his swords drawn just in case anyone attacked. The road was empty. The kingdom was sleeping peacefully in the heart of the night.

"What were you doing here?" Hyesoo asked.

"I?" He took some seconds before replying, "I went to bring some night jasmine for my sister. She loves decorating the room with that."

"At this hour??" Hyesoo questionably looked at him. Something didn't seem right. He was hesitating in his words but she decided not to push him. She would think about him when her mind was stable again. With the bleeding emperor behind her, she was getting paranoid. "You could have just asked any servant to bring them."

"Ha Ha ha. I know right? But I love toiling in the silent night. It gives me peace." The reply was weird. Hyesoo eyed him suspiciously. "We are here." Hyesoo saw the palace gate approaching.

Yoongi was rushed into immediate treatment as soon as they reached the palace. Hyesoo and some other servants stood infront of the closed door of his room. The doctors strictly forbade everyone to enter until his condition gets better. Taehyung had gone to inform the family members.

Hyesoo counted her heartbeats as she waited. She was anxious. She didn't know what she would do if anything happened to the emperor. Unknowingly a soft spot grew up in her heart for him.

Suddenly she felt a stinging pain on her left cheek.  Hyesoo raised her bloodshot eyes to meet her mother-in-law. "How dare you, you witch!" She hissed. "What have you done to my son?!" She gripped her arms and shook her vigorously.

Hyesoo stared at the ground blankly. If it was some other time, she might have returned the insult but now she knew she was at fault. It was true that Yoongi got hurt because of her. Moreover, she was tired. She had no energy left to fight with anyone. She only wished for the emperor to get well soon.

"You tried to kill him! I will throw you before the hounds!!" The former queen dug her nails in Hyesoo's soft arms. The later bit her lips to endure the pain.

"Mother." Taehyung placed his hand on the old woman's shoulder. His own mother died when he was young and thus got all the motherly affections from the Queen mother, Min Jihye. "It was not her fault."

"Don't dare take her side, Min Taehyung! My son is fighting for his life in the room!" She shouted but Tae didn't withdraw his hand. He knew she was vulnerable. She loved her son more than anything.

"Why don't you speak anything?!!" The woman pushed her and Hyesoo almost hit her head on the pillar.

"Mother! That's enough!" Taehyung hugged her tightly. Jihye broke down in his arms. Her sobs echoed thoughout the silent hall. Nari and Rhea stood at the far end. The former's eyes were red and puffy clearly indicating that she was crying. Rhea had her eyes fixed on Hyesoo. Needless to say, she hated her like everyone else.