34 👑 The Past II

Seoyeon smiled with overflowing eyes

Seoyeon smiled with overflowing eyes. "Its too late, Your Majesty. I am claimed by someone else. His seed in implanted in me. I am sorry for not waiting for you long enough. Please forgive me." She fell on her knees.

Jaeson saw her actions with bloodshot, wide eyes. He noticed the baby bump of Seoyeon. "A-are you p-pregnant?"

"Eight months." She whispered back.

The Emperor's chest heaved in anger and pain. He felt like he was getting insane. He loved her. He was obsessed with her. He would have to have her even if it requires force. "No. No NO!! You are mine! You are coming with me."

He harshly grabbed her arm and began pulling towards his horse. "Your Majesty! Let me go please! Ah! Its hurting!!" Her pleading fell into deaf ears until a new voice was heard.

"Leave my wife alone." Yongsung sat proudly on his horse. He had forgotten to tell Seoyeon that he would be going for a week so, he returned and instead faced this horror.

Jaeson got more irked in his presence. He was the emperor. How dare that person try to stop him! "Go away when you still have time or I'll make sure worms feed on your dead body. I am giving you a chance to live because you took care of my Seoyeon when I was gone."

"Leave her." Yongsung stubbornly repeated his words. "Seoyeon is not your property. She is a woman and treat her like one. Moreover she is married and conceived. How can you just try to tear her off from her husband?!"

"You want death?!" Jaeson cried. "Soldiers kill this bastard!"

"Your Majesty! Please no! This is a holy ground. The land of God. You shouldn't kill anyone here. Please don't commit the sin and let us go. I promise we will never show our faces to you." Seoyeon kept on pleading him to stop but her voice failed to penetrate the raging eardrums of both the men.

The soldiers attacked him but soon lay dead infront of an unarmed Yongsung. He had snatched a weapon from one of the soldiers during fight. Jaeson was astonished to see his professionalism. "You are a high born. Tell me your family name."

"It has nothing to do with you. I want my wife back and you will do it. Now." Yongsung deadpanned. Seoyeon had never seen her husband angrier.

"Try if you can. either of us will die today." Jaeson drew his imperial sword and attacked.

Yongsung was skilled but not as much as Jaeson. Sword fighting was the specialty of the Jeon dynasty. After a tiring fight, Yongsung found his enemy's sword on his neck. The Jeon emperor smirked in victory. "You should have left when I gave you a chance."

Yongsung ignored the emperor and locked his eyes with the hurtful ones of Seoyeon. She was kept in a tight hold by one of the soldiers and went on struggling to get free. He felt powerless and ashamed. He couldn't even protect his wife and the unborn child. He failed as a husband as well as a father. He was weak and no wonder his family despised him. He defeatedly hung his head low unable to hold the eye contact longer.