20 👑 Fatal Arrows

Yoongi gently wiped the tears from her cheeks with his thumb and hushed, "Think wisely

Yoongi gently wiped the tears from her cheeks with his thumb and hushed, "Think wisely. If you don't grab the opportunity now, then I fear I might ever want to let you go again."

Hyesoo shook her head and hugged his waist. She buried her face in his chest and wept. Yoongi was taken aback at first but then he hugged her back to comfort her. He rested his chin on her head and smiled with closed eyes. For the first time he felt, Hyesoo chose him over Jungkook. She decided to stay with him. His light of hope grew brighter.

The Min couple stayed in that position for the next few minutes until Hyesoo pushed herself away and spoke, "I am sorry for hurting you. I shouldn't have let Jungkook have his way. I am your wife, I should have considered your feelings. Please forgive me."

"I forgive you." He kissed her head and then leaned down towards her lips but she stepped abruptly back. Yoongi saw the uneasiness in her. He understood it was too soon. Last night he was trying to ra- her and now he wanted to kiss her?? "It's okay. I'll give you time to adjust." He stepped back. "It's getting late. You should rest."

He was about to leave the room when he remembered something. He retraced his steps and clapped his hand twice. A soldier entered with a sheathed sword.

"What's this?" Hyesoo curiously eyed the weapon.

"This is yours."

"M-me?" Her eyes were wide like saucers.

"Yes. You got attacked inside the castle. You need to have something for protection." He smiled and handed her the iron blade.

Hyesoo accepted the gift with a wide smile. She took it out and examined the sharp ends of the blade. The handle was made of gold, similar to Yoongi's one but her sword had an emerald emblemed in it in place of ruby. She swung the blade, "It balances perfectly. Thank you, Emperor."

She bowed.

"I also got Ara from Realia."

"Really??" She squealed like a child. It made his day.

👑~👑

"The wild elephants are destroying our farms, my lord! What shall we do?" The peasant wailed infront of the Darlinain emperor.

The royal court was in the session. Every weekend it allows the commoners to meet their ruler and present the troubles they are facing. It has been some days since Jungkook was crowned king. He was handling everything quite well. He would be lying if he said it wasn't stressful. He always needed to be on his toe. Gone were the days when he used to be carefree and unpunctual.

"I will send a group of five soldiers to take care of it," Jungkook said and dismissed the peasant.

The next one presented his trouble. The session went on for three hours. Jungkook stretched his back once he got back to his cabin. He missed his father. He changed his attire into something comfortable and lay on his soft bed with a book. He hardly gets time to read nowadays.