5 👑 The Sacred Vows

"Your Highness, Prince Jungkook is here to meet you

"Your Highness, Prince Jungkook is here to meet you."

Hyesoo's breath hitched at the mention of the name. "Leave us alone." She ordered the ladies who bowed and immediately left.

Her eyes fell on the living God who walked into her room

Her eyes fell on the living God who walked into her room. His eyes captured her figure with adoration. Hyesoo saw the same intensity of love in his eyes but she was unable to return it.

Jungkook wasted no time and hugged her as if his life depended on it. "I am so sorry my princess! I am so sorry! This is my fault!" He buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her smell.

Hyesoo would always reciprocate his feeling but not this time. She didn't even hug him back. Jungkook parted and cupped her face in his hands and looked straight through the dark orbs. He leaned in for a kiss but was stopped in the midway.

Hyesoo slightly pushed him away and stepped back. Guilt erupted in his eyes. "Why?" Only one word she spoke which made Jungkook's heart clench in pain. He realized how dead her eyes were. She was suffering. She was breaking and the thing that hurt the most was that he was the reason for her pain.

"I tried my best. But my father... he refused to send help. He didn't want to challenge the Mins. He didn't want to engage the two greatest empires in a battle. Believe me, love, I did everything I could but the King is almighty. Princes don't have the authority to disobey an order." Jungkook's eyes drooped in guilt and shame.

"It's okay, Jungkook. Now that you have explained yourself, I don't blame you. You did whatever could be possible. At least I am assured that you never betrayed me." She smiled sadly.

Jungkook's mouth parted in shock, "How can you even think of me betraying you? Never will I do that in my life. I love you. You are mine. Get that sealed in your mind." His eyes darkened as he took dangerous steps toward her.

This time Hyesoo didn't back off and pressed her lips on his. The same feeling of warmth and passion erupted in her guts. His touches gave birth to fireflies in her body. She inhaled his addicting scent. Probably, that was the last time she was getting an opportunity to get intimate with him.