38 👑 Suspicious Soldier

Queen Hyesoo was combing her long hair

Queen Hyesoo was combing her long hair. She wanted to doll up for Yoongi. She was never the type of woman to use heavy makeup but today she wanted to do it for her husband. She wore a sea-green hanbok and flower jewellery. Her golden hairpin had the royal Elesian mark emblemed on it.

She saw a pale arm snaking around her waist in the mirror. She felt a Deja Vu. "You have to stop creeping into my room in this way." She giggled.

Yoongi placed his chin on her shoulders and smiled. He admired their intertwined bodies in the mirror. He loved the way she was dressed. He wanted nothing but to preserve her forever. He kept on swaying both of their bodies.

"May I suggest something?" Hyesoo asked as she leaned more into his chest.

"Go on."

"I think we should visit our kingdom in disguise. In this way, we could find out things that go on behind your back. It's not possible to know everything while sitting on the throne. A ruler must interact with the commoners to know about their problems." She waited for the Emperor to answer.

"You know what?" Yoongi stepped back and turned her around to face him. "You are correct. I can also check for any terrorists" Hyesoo suddenly laughed making him confused. "I don't find anything funny here."

"I am sorry." She inhaled, "It just reminded me of the time when I first saw you. You were disguised as an old man."

Yoongi's lips parted to form a gummy smile at the thought, "Yes. It was the same time, I liked you. I wanted you to be mine by hook or crook."

"You were such an asshole back then. You could have tried to win my heart, you know..."

"Sure and see that Jeon prince taking you away." He grumbled. "Sorry that I am not sorry. One thing I don't regret is marrying you. I am glad that we fought in the battle, I am glad that you lost and I am also glad that I have married you."

She gently hit his chest and shyly smiled. She hated him so much back then. "It has been more than a year... time flies so fast, isn't it?"

Yoongi nodded and said, "I have to make preparations for our visit. We are going tomorrow." He gently pecked her lips before leaving. He was already gone by the time Hyesoo realized he used the word 'we'.

She decided to walk over to the balcony and feed the birds when a shuffle caught her attention. She spotted an armored man in her room. Within a millisecond, she took her sword and placed it on his throat. "Who are you? And how dare you come to my cabin?" She deadpanned.

"Hyesoo, it's me!" he whispered and removed his helmet.

Hyesoo's weapon almost slipped from her hold. What in the seven hells was she seeing? "Jungkook?"

 What in the seven hells was she seeing? "Jungkook?"