27 👑 Last Breath

Areum turned around her heels and began running towards the ceremony hall when she bumped into a suspicious soldier

Areum turned around her heels and began running towards the ceremony hall when she bumped into a suspicious soldier. His face was hidden behind his armour helmet. It was unusual because no one wears armour inside the palace. She mumbled a quick apology and trotted away.

Her heart dropped when she heard footsteps behind her. The soldier was following her. She began running and the follower copied her actions. She wished to find atleast someone but heaven seemed against her. Finally, the man outran her. He pinned her in the corner. His dark evil eyes were only thing visible which terrified Areum. She wriggled in his rough hold. Dread filled in her heart as tears escaped her eyes. She tried to scream but the man harshly blocked her mouth. The next moment she felt a piercing pain in her stomach. She knew she was stabbed.

However, the soldier wasn't satisfied with it. He stabbed her multiple times until she couldn't stand on her feet anymore. He let her body slide down the wall and spat, "Be sneaky and this is what you get!" Then he walked away into the darkness leaving the poor bleeding woman almost dead.

👑~👑

"The Emperor is in danger!" Areum screamed cutting off Hyesoo.

The Queen widened her eyes in shock, "Yoongi is in danger?"

"Yes, my lady! Min Rhea had poisoned the ceremony curd. It is a deadly one with no cure. I was rushing to tell this to either of you two when I got stabbed." Areum breathed out. "Go to him, my lady! You don't have time. Save him!"

"But Areum- what about you?! I can't leave you here like this."

"It's not about me! The emperor's life is not only precious to the empire but also to you. Hyesoo you love him. Only you can save him. Go!"

Hyesoo fervently shook her head and pressed her onto wound harder. She helplessly saw Areum cough more blood. What could she do? If she goes, Areum dies and if she doesn't Yoongi dies. Her chest felt constricted. She screamed in agony.

"It's been a while I am bleeding. I'll eventually die if not now, but you can save your love. Go. Don't worry about me. I'll watch you over from heaven."
Areum gently rubbed the back of Hyesoo's palm. The latter's vision was blurry due to overflowing tears. She profusely sobbed having lost her voice after screaming. Usually, there were people around this place, but that day it was the Grand wedding. Everyone was at the ceremony hall.

Areum finally breathed her last. The final thing she saw was the tear-strained face of her Queen, her only well-wisher, Hyesoo. She was glad that she had considered her important enough to shed tears. She was glad that she was able to serve her Queen till her last breath. A proud death indeed.

"Areum no!! Don't leave me Areum!!" She wailed and shook her body but got no response. When Hyesoo realized that Areum was gone, she slowly retreated her hands from her stomach. She saw her hands were dark red in blood and they were shaking. Even her gown contained minute patches of crimson liquid which weren't visible until looked closely since she wore a maroon dress.