44 👑 The past III

The night was calm contrasting to the furious war during the day

The night was calm contrasting to the furious war during the day. The bright full moon was reflected on the lake. Prince Taehyung's dark glassy orbs glinted as they were fixed on the sparkly waves. He was lost in his thoughts. Why was he holding back during the fight? Why did he not want to harm him severely?

"Just because Hyung said not to kill him." He tried to reason with himself but he knew better.

" He tried to reason with himself but he knew better

A clearing of a throat caught his ears. The prince jumped in alert as soon as he saw the most unexpected person standing beside him. He was ready to strike down the person. "Did you come to kill me? By hiding in the dark like a coward?" He snarled.

Jungkook scoffed and shook his head, "I am man enough to defeat you on the battlefield. I came here to talk," he paused for some seconds before continuing, "with you."

"I don't trust you."

"Huh, even I don't trust myself. But this is your right to know." The Darlinian emperor fixed his eyes on the sparkly water.

Taehyung looked back at the illuminated tents where Yoongi and other soldiers were healing after the fight, then lowered his guard though he kept some distance from Jungkook for safety.

"Taehyung... you are my older brother."

👑~👑

Seoyeon was forced to marry Jeon Jaeson. She didn't even have the time to get over Youngsung's death. She remembered how she had cried her heart out that day until she fainted due to exhaustion. When she woke up the palace was already busy preparing for the wedding.

She knew she had to live for the little child growing in her womb. If she dies, it dies with her. She had to obey Jason and maybe give in to his needs so that the child was not harmed. As if heaven didn't want them together, Seoyeon went into labour the moment she got wedded.

A beautiful little son was born to her. He looked unusually similar to Youngsung as if the dead father had been reborn. Seoyeon cradled her child with her motherly affection, eyes teary and lips smiley. "You will be my Taehyung. You will be mighty like the ocean. You will give life but at the same time destroy all the negativity. You will be my only light in this universe."