23 👑 New Brother

Hyesoo walked out of Yoongi's cabin in determination

Hyesoo walked out of Yoongi's cabin in determination. She would find out the real culprit. Everything seemed fishy. Someone was plotting something huge against the Emperor. Yoongi was too much consumed in pride to accept the betrayal of his people.

However, something else caught her attention in the corridor. The maids and servants were eyeing her suspiciously. It was not because of her black attire, she had worn that many times before. They seemed like pitying her. She didn't know what was wrong with the people there until some whispers reached her ears.

"His Majesty is marrying Lady Nari." A feminine voice spoke.

"She is going to be the empress of Elesia and her son would be the crowned prince."

"Nothing new, everyone knows she is more eligible."

"Shut up. Queen Hyesoo is best. She loves the Elysian men even though we are supposed to be her enemies." Someone defended her.

"Nobody likes her. She will just be one of the many concubines of the Emperor. She will be there to satisfy his needs."

"She is getting food, a place to stay, and above all the royal treatment. What else does a person want?"

Hyesoo felt as if the ground was removed beneath her. Yoongi couldn't be marrying Nari. She thought he finally began to treat her as a wife. It was probably a rumor. She directed her rage-filled eyes at the group of maids. They immediately ran away from that place to save their heads.

She clutched her broken heart and sobbed. She dreamt of a future with Yoongi. She managed to overcome the love for Jungkook and dared to give her heart to the Elesian emperor. How could he play with her like that? More tears ran down her cheeks as he imagined Nari with him.

Hyesoo harshly wiped off her tears. Her bloodshot eyes ejected flames. Her body trembled in anger. She turned on her heels and ran back to Yoongi's room.

She forcefully barged inside without letting the guards alert him of her arrival. "Are you marrying Kim Nari??" She couldn't help but shout. Her sanity was at sake.

Yoongi on the other hand kept his mouth closed and eyes locked on the ground. He knew he had to face her sooner or later but he didn't think it would be a few minutes after.

"Min Yoongi, I am asking you something!"

The emperor gulped and threw his head back with a groan. "I am sorry." He whispered.

Crack.

As if her heart could accept any more torture. Why couldn't she just tear that damn organ out of the ribcage?! Why was fate so cruel to her? First, her childhood love was snatched, then she was forcefully married to her enemy and now when she began to love and trust him, Yoongi decided to show her her position.

Min Hyesoo didn't ask for an explanation to Yoongi. The gossip explained it all. She was a fool to dream of a happy life with him. How could he even love her? He took revenge for the war by mentally destroying her. She didn't shed a single drop of tear in that room. She was done with everything. She was done with Yoongi.