25 👑 Real Culprit

Yoongi stood in the ceremony hall

Yoongi stood in the ceremony hall. He was dressed elegantly in his brown wedding attire. His hair was neatly styled and the imperial crown rested on his head.

The royal priest had already begun chanting the mantras

The royal priest had already begun chanting the mantras. The emperor wore a grim expression, unlike last time when he was smirking and enjoying Hyesoo's reactions.

There were many guests from royal families. The only ones absent were Hoseok and Jungkook. The Realian King excused himself for his bad health while the Jeon Emperor was at war in the western part of his kingdom. Hoseok was avoiding this wedding. Yoongi knew that but he decided to let him be.

Soon Kim Nari walked down the aisle accompanied by her brother, Kim Seokjin. She was beautifully dressed and caked up with elegant makeup. She no doubt fluttered many hearts who witnessed her beauty. However, Yoongi remained unfazed. His heart didn't somersault like his first wedding. Hyesoo had something in her which attracted Yoongi. She had the power to tame his wild, eccentric heart.

Why am I thinking of Hyesoo? She isn't even here. Yoongi puffed out the air from his mouth and tried to keep up his composure.

"Hyung, you should smile." A deep voice resonated in his ears. For a moment Yoongi had forgotten Taehyung stood beside him. The prince looked ethereal as always in his bluish-black hanbok. Yoongi wondered when would he find his girl and get married.

"Taehyung?" The younger hummed in response

"Taehyung?" The younger hummed in response. "What opinion do you have on Nari as an empress?"

"Do you want me to be honest or tell a big fat lie?"

Yoongi smiled. "Be honest."

"Just don't give me a death sentence." He joked before continuing, "Kim Nari is a good woman. She loves you and all of us. She can also be a good queen. However, I don't find her eligible for being the empress. She lacks basic knowledge about people. Hyesoo, on other hand, is much more experienced. She cares for her subjects. She is well versed in the battlefield and can protect herself. She is a perfect one to be the empress of the Min Dynasty."

Yoongi slightly nodded as Taehyung completed. He had spoken his mind. The emperor knew Hyesoo was much capable but he wanted to hear it from someone else just to remain unbiased. Taehyung was the most intellectual one in the family. He was straightforward and never feared speaking the truth no matter how bitter it might sound. However, now Yoongi was obliged to make Nari the Empress. He glanced at his mother and then focused on Nari, who was now standing beside him with a wide smile as if she had won a battle.

The rituals were performed one after the other. Yoongi found it hard to follow every one of them. His was being eaten up in guilt. Every time he tried to look at Nari, Hyesoo flashed in his mind. He sure loved Nari as a friend but Hyesoo owned his heart. He wondered if Hyesoo felt the same when she was forced to marry him. Her pain was probably worse since she loathed Yoongi.

He had never thought his ice-cold heart would be carrying the fire of passion. He never thought he would fall for someone so hard that he would be ready to bring the moon if required. Min Yoongi had never thought he would get transformed from being a womanizer to a lovesick man.

His eyes were busy searching for his first Queen. He was distracted from the wedding a long time ago. To his dismay, Hyesoo was not seen anywhere. He had visited her room before coming into the wedding hall but it was empty. His heart pounded on his rib cage fearing her safety. She had already been attacked inside the imperial palace once.

"His Majesty?" The priest's voice brought his mind back to the marriage ceremony, back to Nari. "Is there any problem?"

Yoongi shook his head in denial and then proceeded with the ceremony. His mind kept on slipping out of focus.

"Do you, Emperor Min Yoongi, take Lady Kim Nari as your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest finally announced.

Yoongi found pronouncing the simplest words 'I do'  toughest at the moment. He emotionlessly looked at Nari whose eyes sparkled in happiness when he uttered the words.

"Do you, Lady Kim Nari, take Emperor Min Yoongi as your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked.

"I do-"

"STOP THE MARRIAGE!" Hyesoo's voice cut her off as she stormed inside the wedding hall followed by Namjoon. The people broke into whispers. Yoongi was stunned to see her so exhausted as if she was being chased by hounds.

Nari's face twitched in anger. "What is this, Yoongi? What is she trying to prove?"

"Stop the marriage, His Majesty." She panted, doubling over her knees.

"Why?" Yoongi was now at the peak of his curiosity.

"Because I found the one who had attacked me that night!"

Yoongi inhaled sharply. She was making fun of herself as well as the royal family in front of the guests. Her accusation could wait for a private moment. It had nothing to do with the wedding. He was tired of this day and wanted to be over with the marriage as soon as possible. "We will deal with this latter."

"The culprit is Lady Nari!" 

👑~👑

Somedays its hard to believe...
if I was the truth or you a lie.

Bye for a year. I will be back with next chapter in 2023! 🥰🥰

Stay healthy and I love you.

-Jeongsri 💜