Chapter Fifteen: I Love You

~November 12, 1983~

~November 12, 1983~

After the events with the Demogorgon, the group had headed back to Hawkins Middle School. When Steve pulls up to the school, there were police cars and ambulances with their lights on. Jessica didn't waste a moment and flung herself out of the car.

"Jess, wait!" Steve calls out, quickly putting the car into park. Jessica pushes her way through the crowd. Once she stumbles into the middle of the lot where the ambulances sat, her eyes scan each one until they land on one with Dustin sitting on the back.

"Dustin!" 

Dustin looks up at the sound of his name and gives Jessica a toothless smile. Dustin stands up as Jessica rushes over to him. She immediately pulls him in for a hug, her arms wrapping tightly around him. "Oh, Dustin, thank God, you're okay," she breathes out as she pulls away and bends down to his height. She cups his face into her hands and looks him over.

"Are you hurt? Is that why you're sitting in the ambulance?" Dustin shakes his head. "I'm fine. They wanted to check all of us." Jessica lowers her hands down and breathes out a sigh of relief. Dustin's eyes then trail down to Jessica's hand. "Jesus! What happened to you?!" Jessica lifts her hand up. "Oh what? This? It's a long story which-" she says seeing the look on his face. "I will tell you all about it later. Right now, just hug me." Dustin obliges and hugs his sister again.