Chapter Eight: House Party

~November 8th, 1983~ 

The sun's rays were shining through the windows of the Henderson household, early in the morning. Claudia and Jessica sit at the kitchen table, frozen as they kept their eyes on Dustin who was now on his fourth whole waffle.

"Sweetie, slow down. You're going to choke on your waffles," Claudia tells her son Dustin who was too busy scarfing down a plate of waffles while Jessica sat next to him amused by this. "Go Dustin! Go Dustin!" she sings as she picks up her waffle and dunks it the syrup that was on her plate. Jessica looks over at her mom and falters her smile from the look that Claudia was giving her. Jessica clears her throat. "I mean...gosh, that's disgusting, Dustin. Slow down."

Dustin looks over at his sister. "Do a lot of studying last night?" Jessica narrows her eyes at him. "Yeah, actually, I did," she tells him taking a bite out of her waffle that was now coated in syrup, keeping her eyes locked on him the entire time.

"What was your test on again?" Dustin asks her as he recalls seeing Steve outside her window last night.  "Human anatomy?" Jessica gives him a death glare as she kicks his seat. Dustin kicks back making Claudia hold her plate as the table shook.

Mews, their cat jumps at the noise and runs out of the kitchen. "You two just scared poor Mews." Claudia tells them, looking over her shoulder to make sure that her cat was okay. "Sorry." Jessica and Dustin say in unison as they glance back down at their plates and resumes on eating.