Chapter Forty-two: The Creel House

~March 25, 1986~

~March 25, 1986~

The sun was beginning to rise as the Hawkins gang slept soundlessly in Mike Wheeler's basement. The only one that was wide awake was Max. Max stared at her friends that were scattered throughout the basement. Nancy and Robin were sleeping on the floor while Dustin and Lucas were asleep at the other end of the basement. Max's eyes trail over to Ace who was knocked out in an armchair. She could faintly hear him snoring from where she sat. Max shakes her head and looks over at the second couch that Steve and Jessica were sleeping on.

Steve was all sprawled out on the couch while Jessica lied on him. Her back was pressed up against his chest and Steve had both arms wrapped loosely around her waist. Max tears her eyes away from the couple and stands up, making her way upstairs.

As she shuts the door, the radio comes on, Eddie's voice sounding throughout the room. "Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" Loud static sounds throughout the basement. "Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin." 

No answer.

"Oooohhhh Jessica!"

Jessica opens her eyes and abruptly sits up, Steve's arms falling back to his sides. Jessica runs a hand through her hair as her eyes scans the room for the radio. "Jessica Henderson! I know you're there." Jessica stands up from the couch and begins searching the basement for the radio.