Chapter Seventeen: Tina's Party

~October 31, 1984~

~October 31, 1984~

The next morning, Jessica felt the bed dipped, followed by a kiss on her forehead. She groggily wakes up and smiles sheepishly at Steve. "Mmm, morning." Steve gives her a soft smile, "Good morning, go back to sleep." 

Jessica lifts her head up, her eyes going to her alarm clock which read 5:30. "Why are you up?" she asks Steve who gently pushes her back down onto her bed. "I have to sneak out so I can come back and pick you up for school," he whispers, not wanting to wake Claudia and Dustin up. Jessica nods in understanding. Steve leans down and kisses Jessica's forehead once again. "See you soon," he tells her as he gets up from her bed and picks up his backpack. He reaches for the curtains and pushes them off to the side. Opening the window, he climbs out. His feet landing on the ground, he turns and sees that Jessica was fast asleep. He chuckles and quietly closes the window and makes an escape to his car. 

30 MINUTES LATER

Jessica wakes up to a pounding on her door. She groans and looks over at her clock which read 6:00. "Get up, Jess! This is the most important day of my life!" Dustin screamed from the other end of the door. "Give me ten minutes!" Jessica yells as she gets up from her bed and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. "You only get five!" Jessica sighs. "Be right there!" 

Jessica gets out of bed and walks over to her closet. She picks out a white t-shirt, jeans and a jean jacket to complete the look. She then pulls on her white sneakers and grabs her backpack. She leaves the room and heads to the bathroom. She drops her backpack to the floor and quickly brushes her teeth. Next, she grabs some mouthwash and gargles it. Spitting it out, she wipes her lips before applying some cherry flavored lip-gloss.