Chapter Sixteen: Diners and Dinner Dates

~October 29, 1984~

~October 29, 1984~

Dustin was running around the Henderson's household, looking for quarters for him and his friends. They were going to the Palace Arcade and needed as many quarters as possible to play their favorite games. 

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!" Dustin yelled as he flipped the cushion up, only to drop it as he ran into the living room where his mom was watching the news.

A police chase rocked downtown Pittsburgh earlier this evening...

Dustin runs over to the couch and flips the cushion up, only to find a penny. "Another stupid penny!" He tosses the penny to the side, it clicks against the table next to his mom. Mews who was sitting in Claudia's lap, jumps. "Dusty, watch it! You almost hit Mews," Claudia tells him as she soothes Mews' fur down.

Dustin turns to his mom. "Can I please check under your cushions?" Claudia raises an eyebrow up at her son. "Dusty." "Mom, please? It's an emergency!" Claudia lets out a moan as she stood up with Mews. Dustin imitates her and flips the cushion of the armchair up. Just his luck, Dustin finds two quarters. He flips the cushion back down. Dustin races off to his room. "Love you, mom."

Once in his bedroom, he grabs his walkie-talkie and settles down on the floor. "Lucas, you copy? I've got four quarters. What's your haul?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five."