Chapter Thirty-four: The Battle of Starcourt

~July 4, 1985~

~July 4, 1985~

Eleven continues to cry out in pain. Jessica glances back down at Eleven's leg, seeing something move underneath the flesh once again. "What is that?" Erica asks. "There's something in there," Mike comments. "Jesus Christ," Dustin breathes out.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan tells the party before running over to Imperial Panda. Jessica looks down at Eleven, noticing her eyes fluttering. 'Hey, hey, El. Stay away, stay awake." She looks up at Mike. "Help me get her on the side." Steve kneels and helps both Jessica and Mike move El into a better position.

"You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a...the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." "Robin," Steve calls out. Robin turns her head toward him. "Yeah?" "You're not helping." "I'm sorry," she apologies just as Jonathan comes running back over.

He kneels down by El's feet. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" "Okay," El sobs out. "Need you to stay real still," he tells her as he puts on disposable gloves. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan hands Mike a wooden spoon who places it in-between El's teeth. With wide eyes, the party watches on as Jonathan holds a knife over El's wound.

"Holy shit. Holy shit," Dustin curses out. Hesitating for a moment, Jonathan looks up at Mike. "Do it." Jonathan nods, placing the tip of the knife down onto El's wound. "Oh, God, I can't watch this," Ace says turning around. Jonathan presses the point into the skin, cutting it open. Eleven screams, her hand flapping around, desperate to hold onto something. Jessica notices and immediately takes her hand into hers.