Chapter Thirty-three: Bathroom Confessions

~July 4, 1985~

~July 4, 1985~

Dustin drives the red cart down the hallway. With every twist and turn, he sent the four teenagers in the back flying into one another. Jessica and Ace bump their heads against the other. "Your brother is a horrible driver," Ace tells Jessica who nods in agreement.

Dustin makes another turn; this time Steve slams into the wall of the crate. "Jesus, slow down!" "Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin asks, her words slurring together." "It's the Indy 300," Steve corrects her. "No, dingus, it's 500!" Robin yells back. Steve raises three fingers in Robin's face. "It's 300!" "Let's say a million," Robin tells him, the two falling into a fit of laughter. 

Steve falls back into Jessica, his hand clutching his stomach as he continues to laugh. Erica turns her head around. "What is wrong with them?" "I told you, I think they were drugged!" Jessica yells as Dustin speeds down the hall. Erica turns her head in time to see a stack of barrels in their pathway. "Dustin, watch out!" "Shit!" Dustin curses as the car crashes into the stack of barrels, the car coming to a stop. 

Jerking around in the back, the four had been thrown off balance and fell into one another. Still holding onto the wheel, Dustin looks over his shoulder. "You guys all right back there?" The four answered by groaning in pain as they held onto their heads. Dustin turns to Erica. "They're fine." Erica rolls her eyes as she hops out of the vehicle, Dustin following her. The two went to the back of the vehicle and opens the doors. "Come on. We gotta go, now. Come on! Get out!" Dustin yells while Erica claps her hands in urgency. "Let's go."