Chapter Four: Tutor Date

~September 17th, 1983~

Steve takes a deep breath and exhales before raising his right hand up, ringing the doorbell. He rocks back and forth on his feet, his hands suddenly becoming sweaty. He didn't know why his heart was going a mile a minute.

The front door opens. Steve looks up and flashes a kind smile to the woman that stood before him. "Hello. You must be Steve Harrington." Steve nods. "You must be Jessica's mom. It's nice to meet you, Ms. Henderson." Claudia blushes. "Oh please, call me Claudia."

"It's nice to meet you, Claudia."

Claudia turns around.

"Jess! Honey! Steve is here!" 

"I'll be right down!" 

Claudia turns to Steve. "Come on in," she tells the tall teenager. Steve walks in. "Make yourself comfortable. Jessica will be down any second. Study hard, but not too hard." "Thank you, Claudia. We'll make sure to take breaks here and there." 

"Bye!" 

Claudia steps out of the house, closing the door behind her. Steve scans the room, his eyes landing on the multiple photos lined up on the wall. He walks over to the photo filled wall. The photos consisted of Jessica and her family. Steve smiles as his eyes scans them over. In every photo, Jessica flashed a carefree smile. He was envious that her family had multiple photos of them while at his house, there were only two displayed and that was just family portraits. Not candid ones like hers was.