Chapter Fourteen: Monster Trap

~November 12, 1983~

~November 12, 1983~

The three teens were no at the Byers' house. They were silent as they got to work at preparing the house as a giant trap for the monster.

"Hey Jess."

"Yeah?" She asks, turning around to see Jonathan holding her baseball bat. "Just how attached to this bat are you?" Memories of her playing softball back in Pennsylvania flashes through her mind along with winning the championship. She clears her throat. "Not attached. Why?" "I got an idea," he tells her. Jessica follows Jonathan over to the kitchen table where there was an assortment of nails everywhere. "I figured we could hammer the nails into your bat, thus creating a-" "Badass weapon. I love it." The two give each other a small smile before Jonathan got to work at hammering the nails into Jessica's baseball bat.

After a few moments, he was done. He lifts it up carefully and hands it over to Jessica. She steps back and swings it around. "This monster is not going to know what hit it."

After setting up the remaining traps, Nancy, Jessica and Jonathan stood in the kitchen, each holding a knife in their hands. "Remember..." Jonathan begins. Nancy nods. "Straight into Will's room. And-" "Don't step on the trap." Jessica finishes. "Wait for the yo-yo to move," Nancy adds. "Then..." Jonathan holds up a lighter, flicking it on. He lets the flame go for a few moments before closing the lighter.

"All right. You ready?" he asks the two. Tucking away the lighter, he held up his knife. "Ready," Nancy and Jessica say in unison. The three of them held out their palms upwards with the knife laying on top. On the count of three, they had all squeezed their eyes shut as the blades dug into their palms. Instantly, blood poured out from the wound.