Chapter Thirteen: The Bathtub

~November 12, 1983~

~November 12, 1983~

"Hey! Jonathan?"

Jonathan, Jessica and Nancy glance up to see Joyce Byers heading straight towards them. 

"Jesus, what...what happened?" Joyce asks, pointing to her son's hand as Jonathan moves the ice pack onto it. 

Callahan notices the frantic state Joyce was in. "Ma'am..." "I'm fine," Jonathan tells his mom who then looks over at Callahan. "Why is he wearing handcuffs?" Callahan gets up from his desk and stands behind the three teenagers. "Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." 

Keeping her eyes locked on Callahan, she points to her son's hands. "Take them off." "I am afraid I cannot do that." "Take them off!" "You heard her. Take 'em off," Chief Hopper tells him. Powell walked over and stood next to Callahan. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see."

Chief Hopper sighed as he lets Powell and Callahan lead him outside. The three returned moments later, this time Hopper carrying a box. He drops it down onto the table, letting the weapons rattle inside the box. Joyce peers her head into the box and becomes confused as she saw what was inside. "What is this?" "Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Joyce looks over at her son in shock. "What?"

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan asks him. "Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office." Standing tall, Hopper heads to his office when Jonathan's words stop him. "You won't believe me." Hopper places his hands onto the desk, leaning his head down. "Why don't you give me a try? My office, now."