Chapter Nineteen: Dart's a What?!

~November 2, 1984~

~November 2, 1984~

Jessica places her textbook into her locker. She goes to take one out for next class when her locker was shut suddenly. Pulling her hand back, she looks to her right and rolls her eyes. "Carol." 

Carol blows a bubble before popping it. "Jessica."

"What do you want?" Jessica asks as she dials the combination once again since her locker was rudely shut by Carol. "I was just wondering if you've seen Nancy-Oh, wait-" Jessica looks over at Carol. "I forgot you two aren't friends anymore." She lets out a snicker. Jessica sighs and reopens her locker. "Why are you looking for Nancy?" 

"Mr. Simmons wanted me to give Nancy the assignments she missed." 

Jessica peers her head out from her locker. "Nancy doesn't have Mr. Simmons. Nice try, now what's the real reason?" Carol rolls her eyes. "Okay, fine. I was just wondering if you've heard about Nancy running off with the creep." Jessica narrows her eyes. "You mean Jonathan?" "Whatever his name is. The point is, they skipped yesterday, and they still haven't shown up today. You and Nancy 'break-up' for one day and she's disappeared. Aren't you a bit concern?" 

Jessica places a textbook into her bag. "Nope," she tells Carol nonchalantly. But really on the inside, Jessica was beginning to wonder about their whereabouts. 

"Wow, you're a cold-hearted bitch." 

"And you're a slut." 

Carol lets out a fake laugh and flips her hair before walking off. Jessica turns to her left and jumps slightly when Billy was leaning casually against the rows of lockers. "Jesus, what is this? Gang up on Jessica Henderson day?"