Chapter Thirty-seven: The Pep Rally

~March 21, 1986~

~March 21, 1986~

Dustin anxiously taps the pencil against his notebook, his eyes glancing over at his radio clock every so often. He knew he was supposed to be out of his room, five minutes ago and sitting in Steve's car as he drove him, Jessica and Robin to school. Dustin huffs and speaks into the radio. "Did it work?" 

"That's a negative, Dustybun," Suzie says over the radio as Dustin frustratingly crosses out a password in his notebook. "Son of a bitch." He sighs, bringing the radio up to his mouth. "Try Tigers86." 

"Tigers86. Copy that."

Dustin anxiously taps his pencil against the notebook as he waits for Suzie to crack into his school's student records. "Jiminy crickets, Dusty. I'm in." Dustin's eyes widen. "Holy shit," he breathes out. Suddenly, loud pounding noises were heard from his door as Dustin jumps in his seat, almost falling backwards.

"Dustin! What's going on in there? We're gonna be late," Jessica says as she begins to slide the door open. "Don't come in! I'm naked!" Jessica gasps and quickly slides the door shut. "Jesus! You're still not dressed?" "No!" "Well hurry up! Steve is here and we're waiting on you." "Just go! I'll take the bus!" 

Jessica shakes her head as she walks down the hallway. She grabs her backpack from the couch and kisses her mom's cheek. "Bye mom." "Have a good day at school, sweetie." Jessica opens the door and shuts it behind her before walking down the driveway. A smile breaks out on her face as she sees Steve, leaning against his car.