Chapter Twenty-five: The Hub

~November 5, 1984~

~November 5, 1984~

Jessica tightens her grip on the steering wheel of Billy's car. "Turn right-" Lucas tilts to the right as Jessica makes a sharp right. 

Dustin's right hands shot up to the grab handle above the door. He grips it tight while holding onto Steve with his left. "Shit, shit, shit, shit. Who thought it was a good idea for Jess to drive?!" "Hey! Are you all 16 or older?" 

"No!"

"That's why I'm driving!" 

Max presses the icepack to Steve's head. Feeling the coldness, Steve groggily opens his eyes. He sees Mike to his left before looking up, seeing his head was in Max's lap. She peers down at him and removes the ice pack off his head. "He's up!" 

"Jess?" Steve calls out.

Jess turns her head. "Oh, hey Steve-" 

"Watch the road!" Dustin screams as Jessica whips her head back around. "Sorry! Is he okay?!" Steve lets out a groan as he raises his right hand up to his face. Dustin gently pats it down. "No, don't touch it." Steve turns his head, his eyes peering up at Dustin who smiles down at him. "Hey, buddy...shh, shh, it's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. You're okay." 

Steve groans as Max presses the ice pack against his head again.

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai," Lucas tells Jessica who nods. Steve looks in-between the two. "What's going on?" Jessica looks back. "I'm driving, Steve." "Oh, my God!" Steve exclaims. "Just relax. She's driven before," Dustin reassures Steve. "Yeah, but she's not a good driver," Mike tells him.