Chapter Thirty-one: Russian HQ

~July 2, 1985~

~July 2, 1985~

Holding on to what they could, the six had tried to maintain their balance as their screams filled the room as it continued to plummet down. Jessica wraps her arms around Steve, him tightening his grip onto her. 

Jessica looks over at Ace who was all sprawled out on the floor, screaming. "I don't like this!" he cries. "I don't like this!" "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Robin orders as she was sprawled out against a shelf. 

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin curses as he stumbles over to the panel, pushing every button in attempt to stop the room from moving. "We're going down! We're going down!" Steve screams. "Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin screamed back. "Dustin, do something!" Jessica yells, burying her head into Steve's shoulder, squeezing her eyes shut as she suddenly started to get sick. 

"Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin screams, continuing pressing each button. Erica races over to Dustin. "Press the button!" "What do you think I'm doing?!" "Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve exclaims. "Dear God, if you're listening, please let me live! I promise I'll stop calling Jessica 'Jessie'! " Ace cries. Hearing Ace's confession, Jessica looks up at the ceiling. "Please let us live!" "Push it!" Erica yells slamming her hand down onto a button, the room suddenly pulling itself to a stop. 

With his grip still on Jessica, Steve loses his footing, the two falling down to the ground. Steve falls onto his back, Jessica collapsing on top of him. "My groin," Steve groans. "You elbowed my groin." "I'm so sorry!" Jessica apologies, climbing off Steve. She sits beside Steve. He sits up and looks over her. "Are you okay?" "Feeling a bit nauseated. The feeling should pass soon." Steve gets to his feet and holds his hands out toward Jessica. She grabs a hold of his hands, Steve pulling her up to her feet.