Chapter Thirty: Operation CE

~July 2, 1985~

~July 2, 1985~

Jessica stood by her bed. She watches Steve's chest slowly rise up and down as he was still sound asleep in her bed. Jessica glances at the alarm clock on her nightstand. She had to wake Steve up so they could go to the pharmacy. 

Jessica places a hand onto Steve's arm, gently shaking him awake. "Steve."

"Slow down, kids," Steve mutters in his sleep.

Jessica tilts her head. 'Kids?' Jessica gently shakes him once more. "Steve." Steve's eyes flutters open, taking in the sight of his beautiful girlfriend. "Hey, beautiful." Jessica smiles. "Hey handsome. We gotta go." "Where do we have to go?" 

"The pharmacy, remember?" 

"Right," Steve says sitting up in her bed. "Um...what were you dreaming about?" She asks Steve as he swings his legs over the edge of the bed. "Huh?" Steve asks, standing up and walking over to her dresser and picks up his Scoops Ahoy uniform. "As I was waking you up, you muttered out 'slow down, kids'." Steve takes his pajamas off, sliding his uniform on. "Oh, that. I was dreaming about our little shitheads. You know...our gang." 

"Oh, so my little brother and his friends haunted your dreams?" Jessica asks with an amused smile. Steve nods. "Something like that." "I hope they didn't cause too much trouble. Now come on, let's go."