Prologue

The sound of rain is one of the most calming melodies of the world. The sound of millions of droplets, one by one they make a wonderful song, alas it has no rhythm but the sound of it makes twists in your stomach at how amazing it feels in your ears.

Rain provides water for those in need with it but it also serves as a tragedy for those who seek shelter. It comes with the winds brewing and giving the water on your baby's skin more chills giving them a bad cold.

From years and years of superstitious beliefs, when it pours on your wedding day you shall face bad luck in your whole journey of marriage. If is rains on the day you were born, your life is cursed to misery.

Ten fingers, ten toes, scorching blue eyes, colourless hair and the most beautiful smile. Demetria was born on July under cold rains of winter. Her skin was almost as pale as the colour of her hair. She had azure drawings of snowflakes, the symbols of winter on both of her palms, cheeks and neck.

Though born in the southern part of the world, Demetria had ice powers. She was raised away from the kingdom she was born to rule. Her kind got murdered and brought to their extinction.

Demetria's mother, with the help of a witch, a wolf, a fairy and a vampire using dark magic to transfer the unborn baby to the vampire for she would live longer and in secret. Sybil, her mother was a seer, a prophetes that could see beyond other's future but not her own. With the gift to read and give prophecies and warn others on dangers coming, she knew she would one day face death and leave her fetus behind.

When the King of Faes was killed in an act to protect his kind, she knew she had to save her unborn child for they would be the only one to continue the line of their species. Sybil had seen the tragedies that were to come her way but she had also seen that her child was not meant to be born in her time.

After three centuries living in the womb, the miracle child was born. Demetria had a personality of the happiest baby but it changed over time. Sersi, the vampire mother of Demetria had been given straight instructions to train the young girl to be a fierce full fighter so she would not have to use her power.

Demetria was given her surrogate mother's genes as well as her parent's. Unknowingly, the pregnancy had given her the genes of a vampire. No desire for blood but the strength of a superhuman. The eyesight of a mantis shrimp and the senses of a mole.

Sersi took it upon herself that when Demetria was ready to go to the academy for supernaturals, she would be known as not a humanoid but as a hybrid of a Fae and Vampire but she was not prepared to know that all of the supernatural world had already been aware of her existence.

Demetria worked hard to be the best she could so she would learn control of her powers and feelings. She never liked people and she was not afraid to speak her mind but just like every teenager she wanted to be like everyone. Though she had convinced herself she should accept that she wasn't, it was not easy for her not to feel alone in a world where she was the only one of her kind.

For her love of history, Demetria had learned why her people were murdered, why she was now the only one of her kind which gave her hatred. Hatred towards all species especially Vampires. According to the books of history from the Occult Academy of Magic, her mother is the only vampire that had a good heart. Vampires only used the opportunity to feast on helpless Faes because everyone wanted their death.

Demetria feared her power more than her own mother did. She still failed to be one with her power so she used as little of it as she could. This means she sacrificed her emotions so she could protect everyone around her.

She would've loved to hide her powers but the marks on her palms to her fore arms and her her pearly white hair made it hard.

Demetria only hopes she will be accepted as a student and helped to control her powers, not as a freak humanoid pretending to be good.

Demetria Leone

......................................................................................

Book 1 of the Fae series, I hope you guys like it♥️