Chapter 40

Scarlett's POV

It has been almost two days and Demetria still lies asleep on the bed. We couldn't let her stay at school, not just because of the damage she caused when she was crying for her mother, also because we knew she wouldn't like to wake up with those people speaking about her. And from what Storm told us, she will not wake up the same.

I wouldn't wake up the same either. Even with my shitty parents, I would never recover seeing them die in front of my eyes the way she did. I told my brothers to not keep me in the dark considering I had information on my own for me to give me theirs. What I got was beyond shocking, Storm and Demetria's mate bond broke? Like a freaking twig it just broke? Just like that?

I have no idea how I will comfort her or what I will say to make her feel better. How will we know if it's going to get better? She's definitely going to go against the most powerful witch to ever roam the earth and she's just a teenager.

I am currently seating by her bed as I brush her hair out of her face watching her sleep. She's really beautiful. Aside from being my friend, I still have feelings for Demetria. It hurt more than anything to hear her talking about my brother and how she was falling for him everyday.

I was mad at Storm all the time ever since I met Demetria, he asked me about it but I think he already knew why. Even though he couldn't even stay away from his own mate, he still didn't want to hurt me. I fell for Demetria the more I talked to her but eventually... I decided that it was probably better we were just friends.

Besides, she started hanging out with Crystal. Now I know this is insane but I was jealous of that too. Not because I'm hogging any of them, but because I'm seriously the only person who can't conversate with my biggest childhood crush. I found out that my little crush on Demetria was defined not more compared to Crystal.

I know what you're going to say, "Scarlett why crushes and no dating? What about your Loki?" Well it's complicated. Loki and I did not work out, he said he likes me a lot but he flirts a lot and I have a massive crush on a girl. The reason I have so many crushes is because I have been so under my brothers all confidence in me vanished at a young age.

I wasn't the prettiest growing up, during puberty something happened but still on the inside I don't feel pretty. I'm just meant to protect and be a good friend. That's why I only have one ex and a lot of failed talking stages.

Just as I was thinking about my shitty love life. I had not expected Demetria to jump up almost hitting my head. I let out a quick scream out of fright of which she screamed back.

In less than a minute, Storm and Stefanos were inside.

"What happened?" I didn't have time to answer the question as I looked at a confused Demetria now in a seating position.

She was confused but her eyes were on someone else's. I turned around to see both of my brothers, River and Crystal in the room. Cassandra was still in shock so she wasn't here at the moment.

Demetria's eyes flickered between the people as if she was looking for something. No one said anything as we all studied her. Her eyes then looked down for a moment as if she realised it.

"Well don't stare at me like I'm crazy." She said. It's weird to say her voice was deeper and more matured? Her whole energy was different, it screamed power.

"You're- you're okay?" Storm asks hesitantly not forgetting to look around to see if everyone saw that Demetria was calmer than we expected her to be.

She removed herself from the bed and started examining her body. She was in one of my pink nightdresses. Seeing it now, her body is a little thicker than mine so it showed her curves so perfectly. Damn it stop checking her out!

"Yeah I'm okay." She says, she wasn't smiling or looked sad or mad. She just looked indifferent. "Are you all okay?" She added.

"I can't read her mind anymore." Storm whispers and I'm guessing to Stefanos.

"You people need to stop acting like children, I need to save my people." She said confidently.

"People? Sugarplum you just woke up. What people are you talking about?" Stefanos speaks this time.

"My people. I- I had this crazy dream and well my father and mother told me to save them. Did you guys know I was a Princess?" She looked excited, I don't understand what was happening.

"Demetria." River calls out on her making her hum in response. "Do you remember what happened before you went asleep?" His voice was gentle trying to take it slow with her. His slow steps towards her accompanied him.

"I do remember. I know you guys want me to cry my eyes out but I already cried myself out. I saw of what looked to be a dream and I'm not mistaken that it was real, my people are out there. I have to find them and free those in chains." Her words were more clearer this time and she didn't sound crazy.

"And what dream is this?" Stefanos crossed his arms in question.

"I can't explain, but I do know that I know where Aradia is." She explained.

"Demetria.." I trailed off making her turn to me. "We also know. We, me, Cassandra, Rived and Crystal had the same vision." I inform her or which she raised her eyebrows first in shock then in confusion.

"Before we... get to that. We have to talk." Storm says hesitantly.

"Are you gonna tell her?" I think to myself hoping he was listening.

"If I don't, she will be mad at me if it comes as a surprise." To my surprise he replied. I took a quick glance at him as our unspoken sentences come to an understanding.

"About what? I have to come up with a plan to get to Aradia." She says boldly. She really was different.

"Demetria, love. You need to shower, eat and process everything that is happening. We will work on that." Crystal speaks gently, tries to reason with her.

"Work on it? I saw the day my biological parents died, the same person who killed my birth mother is exactly who killed them. I don't have time to work on it." She states.

"Well you can't go fighting smelling like that." Stefanos remarks of which she frowned.

"What do you mean Aradia killed your biological parents?" River asks the question we are all thinking about.

"That's my dream and I will explain it when we start drawing up the plan. Well, if you're going to help." She says the last part hesitantly.

"Of course we are." I start to say.

"Demetria you're not alone. And you got to be a team player for us too." Crystal added making me smile in her direction.

"You all hardly know me." She says lowly. Gone was the crazy woman determined to find Aradia and back was our sweet and sour Demetria.

"But.." River finally walks up to her and gives her a side hug. "We all love you."

"I mean, despite the fact that you're leading us into fighting an ancient immortal witch, we support you." Stefanos agrees. In his own way.

"We stand by you." Storm finally speaks. Although his eyes held something of their own. This mate thing is eating him from the inside out.

"Okay, I trust you." She says sweetly. "And I'll take a bath, Stefanos." She says facing him of which he snickers.

He loves to play.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️