Needed

Demetria's POV

Going back to school was, as expected challenging. Even though teachers faked having to bear me, this time they couldn't. They didn't say anything but their fear and distaste for me showed through their facial expressions.

I wasn't focused on that though. Things between me and River excelled. He's always around and making me feel better. I was needing a distraction and he has been the perfect one. Though we're not official, a lot of people think we are. A lot of people don't like it. Sometimes I forget his tittle makes him popular.

It's a Thursday night today. Oddly I haven't gotten a message from him but he did say he was getting ready to pack and visit his parents tomorrow morning. Of course I don't want to sound desperate and bother him, I just hope I can survive that mature decision. I don't want to be clingy, we haven't made it official.

"Hey sweet butt cheeks. Whatcha doin?" Scarlett enters my room and comes to sit at the end of my bed.

"Why butt cheeks?"

"Because you have a nice future behind you baby girl." Okay her stupid pick up line us good.

"Why are you in a good mood?" I asked.

"You don't tell me about River, I don't tell you about my love life." She was actually glowing and it looked so amazing on her.

I dramatically gasped like she does. "Tell me all about it!" I chriped which made her laugh.

A knock on the door disturbed us from our little talk. Scarlett got up to open without closing my room door. My heartbeat started to beat through my eardrums and I got that familiar feeling of a warm abdomen and a sickishly painful but kinda good heartache. How could I forget he existed???

"Hey, you didn't tell me you guys were back. Where's Stefanos?" Scarlett asks.

"He's around campus right now. I didn't need him to accompany me because I wanted to talk to Demetria." Hearing his voice and my name come out of his lips... felt right.

I suddenly remembered I moved on from that. It's just a mini crush. I have someone I'm with and he doesn't make anything complicated for me.

"There she is. I'm gonna go bother my big brother. Byeee!" She left us there. I didn't have anything to say so as usual, a stupid staring contest.

He started walking towards me. I calculated if I still had time to slam the door at his face but then he's a very fast vampire and I'm too lazy.

"You know, I can feel you are planning ways to prevent me coming inside." He says as soon as he was at the door.

I didn't say anything but give him a death stare even though my feelings were not agreeing with me. I changed my seating position so I focused on him.

"I can smell your friends are here. Though one of them is sleeping and the other is talking over the phone. I still need some privacy with you." He enters the room and closes the door behind him. He probably means Cassandra and Taliyah, the other fairy. Jasmine isn't supposed to be here because she left a while ago.

"How are you feeling?" I don't answer him because I was holding every single insult in my mouth and I couldn't afford to spit them all out.

"Oh the silent treatment. I'm guessing me not being here for almost two weeks made you mad huh?" He says.

"No." I finally managed to utter something and be as nonchalant as he is. "You being back is the problem." I answered coldly.

I never expected his face to drop the way it did. I was starting to feel guilty then I remembered that I'm trying to do what's good for me now. He isn't part of that. He's a jerk that makes me confused about myself and he seems to enjoy it.

There was a deafening silence between us. He looked at me as I looked back. He seemed to be looking for something but I don't think he got it when he looked away.

"Okay. I'm sorry for coming back?" He didn't sound apologetic, he sounded sarcastic actually.

"You're forgiven." I say and then turned to pick up my iPad. If that is how he's going to be then sure.

"Okay woah let's start this over. You don't want me to be here why exactly? Because I wasn't here when you woke up?" He still didn't get it.

"No. Why would I be mad at that? And as much as I'd like to share, you haven't given me a reason to." I said.

"Because you're not speaking clearly." He argued.

"Because you're too absorbed in your mind to realise it." I replied calmly. I like the therapy moments I had to myself.

"I- You're not being yourself." He says all of a sudden. His words made me mad. How am I not being myself?

"I'm being myself right now. But I'm rather the very collected me that isn't trying to make people happy anymore." I explained.

"That's great. That's what I wanted for you but I don't get how you're mad at me right now." He says.

"Why are you here Storm?" He scrunched his eyebrows to show confusion. This is the most he's ever showed his feelings.

"What does that mean?" He looked a bit annoyed at the question as if he didn't expect it.

"You've been giving me confusing signals ever since I met you. This time you gave me one that was more clear than all of them. You don't care about me so why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm here because I care about you Demetria."

"Your actions say otherwise. It doesn't even matter anyway." I looked back at my tablet.

"You know I was hoping you'd be happier to see me. But I guess not." He says.

"You still don't get it."

He pinched the bridge of his nose to show he was getting as agitated as I was.

"Okay you say I don't get what you're talking about but you won't tell me." His voice was deeper as his eyes were now violet.

This brought back the day I thought he was going to kill me. Except this time I wasn't scared for my life, it felt more like a threat that I was willing to fight him if he even attacked.

"Okay. I'll tell you then." He seemed very interested in knowing. Long gone was his playful personality. I don't think he's just trying to trick me this time.

"I'm listening." He said.

"The reason I am mad is the fact that you weren't there when I woke up from a week long sleep." I seethed as the anger in me was building up.

"You just sai-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Let me talk. I am mad because when I thought you were dead I panicked. I panicked and then I killed someone. People saw a monster when they saw me and I knew at that moment I made things worse for myself. They already hated me and now they want me dead. Where were you when I woke up hearing that half of this place were calling me a freaking mistake of the supernatural world? I needed you. You weren't there. The worst part of it is I think of myself as a murderer too because I can't get myself to regret killing Saphire." I felt the liquid falling from my face. His anger faded at that moment, his eyes were back to their aquatic colour.

Maybe I needed to get it out of my chest. But instead of making it feel better, I ended up breaking down and for the first time, I was doing it in front of someone who isn't my Mom.

I felt arms wrap around me which made me cry even more. I didn't know what I wanted but I did know that I was tired of crying. I didn't want him to come back because even though I wanted to see him most, nothing was complicated and confusing as it was.

But him being so close made me feel better. I wanted him there but him being there hurt me as much as it made me feel better. I don't know what to do. No matter how many distractions, I still came back to him.

I don't remember anything that happened after except going into a very peaceful sleep.

....................................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️