Royal Pain

Demetria's POV

I started to feel a slight headache from the strong negative energy coming from either sides of me. Caged between a force that felt like it was ripping me apart and piecing me together to rip me apart once more. I touched my temple and while I was registering that, I started to feel myself struggling to breathe. The air had turned thicker than water.

The worst thing that could have happened was my powers threatening to show again. I wanted to push the two men away as I could feel the energy was coming from them but touching them threatened hurting them so I put my hands against my body so they hurt me.

My eyes squinted shut at the pain, it was too much to bare.

Either they were doing it on purpose or they didn't notice but I wanted out of there yet I couldn't move as if they had me caged. Like a wolf animal deserving to be tortured, tortured for actions that are claimed to be crimes when all it has ever tried to do was survive till the next day.

They were trying to make me feel pain so I could go crazy and let my power's go out of control? I should've seen it because neither of these guys were looking at me in a way that they were attracted but they were planning this. I hate this place.

"Storm? What are you doing here?" I hear someone's voice and immediately the energy was gone.

I took a sharp breath and snapped open my eyes. I started breathing heavily and I looked down on my hands to see my powers retracting. I stumbled back a little as I felt myself weaken from attacking my fragile body.

"Hey what's happening?" Scarlett said taking a step towards me but I didn't reply trying to get my posture back.

"Wha-" Storm was about to touch my shoulder before I jumped away from him.

"Don't touch me!" They look between each other as if I'm crazy

"What's going on?" River asks.

"You two are fucking royal arses! Stay away from me or I will give you a reason to hate me." I threatened them before stomping away.

I remember hurting myself with my powers because I thought I was trying to hold them in, it hurt like a bitch just like it does right now. This world does not deserve me being nice, maybe when I stop thinking for the safety of people I would be a villain but that's not how my mother raised me. I was raised to be good and I don't like it one bit.

........

Storm's POV

I felt a strong attraction when I saw a girl with white hair standing and watching us train. She was looking at Julia and Christian as they fought, she seemed intrigued.

She was quick to leave though I couldn't stop thinking about her. She must be new because I've never seen her before. She was too far for me to tell what species she was.

As I continued sitting with my friends, I saw my sister and her little group of friends, I was surprised when I saw the girl with white hair again. I jumped up as I stared at them walking by us to the wolves, I saw her laughing at whatever the short haired girl said.

When her eyes lifted they met mine. My heart skipped a beat when she looked back at me, her not seeing me before felt like rejection and now she actually did. How the hell was I happy to be noticed by some random girl?

When I saw River and Lydia approach them, my blood started boiling. She was going to meet him first and I didn't want him around her. If she wasn't a vampire then I had to have her before that idiot River could do some claim thing on her.

I overheard them talk, as I heard what her name is I got shocked. She really is full of surprises. I couldn't smell her from here but I could hear her bold and soft voice from here.

She was the Demetria girl, so she had to be attractive? Well kill me. Not being nice to her will be hard considering I prefer taking her on a date.

As soon as Scarlett and her friends, along with Lydia left them alone, I started walking towards the two. Her responses were cold and sounded annoyed, I liked it. Judging by her sarcasm she isn't the nicest person in the world.

She is the miracle child but is also not the nicest? Let's hope she isn't a villain.

"....was here to share my opinion on her too." I commented disturbing their little conversation.

She didn't have time to say anything before I felt River trying to dominate me. He doesn't like me, I don't like him but this is just being petty. I decided to return the favour, though as it got stronger I focused on nothing else but him as he focused on me.

"Storm, what are you doing here?" Scarlett took both of our attention, breaking the small battle we were having with each other.

Before I could answer her, I heard the girl in front of me taking a sharp gasp and then proceeding in breathing heavily.

"Hey what's happening?" Scarlett noticed first that she wasn't breathing normally but she doesn't reply.

"Wha-" Before I could finish as I reached out to touch her, she flinched away from me.

"Don't touch me!" She snaps at me making me back away. I got confused and look between River and Scarlett to see they were holding the same confusion. Right now even people were watching considering we were around people with super hearing.

"What's going on?" River asked her with a look of concern.

"You two are fucking royal arses! Stay away from me or I will give you a reason to hate me." Long gone was her sweet face and big blue eyes holding innocence. She seemed pissed as she gave us that warning.

I pieced together the fact that she directed it at me and River which means she must've felt the energy coming from us.

We watched as she stomped away, I put my finger on my nose bridge knowing I pissed off the one person my father told me to be nice to. I'll get in trouble for this.

"Hey, why is Demi so pissed?" Cassandra asks holding two cups of frozen yoghurt.

"Yeah I felt a strong foreign energy coming from her, she is hella pissed. What did you boys do?" Jasmine scolds us.

"My best guess is they were trying to dominate each other." Scarlett crossed her arms looking at both of us.

"We forgot she was in between us, it was a mistake." River explains.

I say nothing as I stand still trying to plan how to apologize because I'm the worst person in apologies.

"Storm? Don't you have anything to say?" Scarlett asks.

"Not really." I replied calmly. I don't apologize to anyone, I'll only apologise to her.

"For once in your life stop being a dick head!" She says.

"Okay let's not mention private parts. You guys realise that Demetria is new to all of this and is probably confused by the energy you guys were emitting right? Her powers may have responded to the danger they were sensing and as a witch that studies diversity, Humanoids keeping their power at bay is more painful than period cramps." Jasmine explains.

That really explained a lot, she wasn't crazy then.

"Why didn't she just let it go though because we're outside in the field?" I asked.

"Oh so now you have something to say?" I ignore Scarlett, she's always mad about the smallest things.

"Relax sweetie." Cassandra brushes her shoulder.

"Two explanations, she didn't want to or she was protecting you idiots from whatever her powers were." She says.

Would she have been protecting us? Maybe I was wrong about her, maybe I should apologize.

........................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️