Chapter 32

Demetria's POV

My ribs still hurt when I breathe as I slowly tried to get to the bedroom. So much has happened ever since Storm came back. Maybe I was better with the innocent romance between me and River. I can't do this, I can't do this at all. I got too excited.

"Demetria wait, listen to me." Storm says and for the first time I saw some vulnerability in his eyes.

"Storm, I just want to sleep." I say.

"Please, let me talk. I really am sorry okay? Demetria, I will apologize for the rest of my life if have to. I messed up and I know I did, but I never lied about you being my mate. You are my mate and my soul left my body when I saw you fall on the ground. I stopped not sure if it I wanted to attack the kid or get you, not because I didn't care. Smelling your blood made it worse, I'd never purposely hurt you." He looked to be panicking as he was in front of me. It was weird with someone so tall begging for my forgiveness, and it wasn't just anybody.

"Are you done?" I say coldly. I don't have any understanding in me to do what he asks of me. I've been hurt and humiliated for no reason for a while. I'm not going down the naïve girl road.

"Demetria please, please i- I'm so sorry." He says holding my face. He was panicking.

Tears started to swell up and soon my lips were trembling as I still tried to hold my sobs. I shook my head not wanting to cave in. I opened my eyes and wiped my tears as I looked up at him with the cold expression again.

"Okay." I saw some hope in his eyes when I said that. He looked between my eyes and I'm sure he knew there was more. "Only if you tell me when was the last time. You were with Camilla."

Now his face was appalled. He was shocked and didn't say anything as his hands fell from my face. He opened his mouth and then closed it as if he wasn't sure what to say. Just when he was about to talk, I spoke again.

"Careful with your answer." I say sternly.

"Three weeks ago." He said with a low voice.

"I was in a coma at that time." He saw that I wasn't having any of it now.

"I- I don't have a reasonable explanation for that. I completely wronged you." He says, he was no longer panicking but he stammered on that one letter.

"And today? After school." What he just told me, I didn't expect. It's today I wanted to know about. He didn't reply and just then I knew he lied to me, again.

He is a lying, conniving, arrogant and selfish.. jerk! I'm too mad to have anything to say. I don't want to openly call him all those names, because then I'd hurt him like he did to me. Now why would I do that?

"So let me go sleep." I say and this time he let me through.

It has been only one day. One....

...........................

I distanced myself from Storm, even though we still had to live together. Instead of training in his class, I trained with Stefanos more and more. I was using my powers and I was actually getting the hang of it.

Crystal helped here and there because she could do witchy stuff and conjure some monsters that I was able to kill. It was rather exciting I will not lie. The adrenaline rush when I battle them, I liked my new mentor. Though also still an ass, he wasn't trying to keep some stupid image and trying to prove to anyone that he's not favouring me. He was encouraging me to do better and I kept doing so much better.

Even though it was a peaceful two days with some tension when I came back from school, I still felt horrible for isolating Storm. His face held relaxation but also, it's like I could feel the hurt. Maybe it's just my consciousness being annoyingly nice as usual.