Unwanted Surprises

Demetria's POV

After talking to River earlier, I focused on my classes until lunch time. My thoughts were to talk to the others since I feel like I owe them an apology, i was too quick to judge just like all these people.

It's about less than four minutes till the bell rings in my bio class. Today I was on the edge because people kept saying mean comments about me whenever I passed by because of what happened yesterday. I'm new to this place and already I have some sort of scandal that people find interesting.

I know none of them have the guts to say anything to me directly, they are still scared of me and I'm happy for that. The reason I'm on the edge is that I was infuriated all morning, when I cried last night it turned into anger in the morning. My powers react to my feelings so that is why I was wearing gloves on a warm day. I didn't want to risk anything.

When the bell finally rang, I started packing up my books and I headed for the door. I passed by people without giving off how I'm feeling. My eyes met the ones of the guy's from physics class in the morning. Theo, I think it is, his smirk was uncomforting. Something tells me he is not done with me.

When I got to the cafeteria, it was packed already. Luckily most people were minding their business but others definitely stared and gossiped as if I wasn't in the room.

"You know if you're an early bird, I think it would be nice if you woke us all up." I heard a soft voice next to me and I turned to face Cassandra.

"Hey, I'm not an early bird actually." I don't finish my sentence because I didn't know the right way to tell her I was avoiding all of them.

"Riighht." She eyes me suspiciously efour she spoke again. "Anyway, let me take you to our table come on." She urges ms to follow her.

When I arrived at their table, they were all there and two guys were seating with them.

"Hey guys!" Cassandra takes a seat next to the blonde boy. I just stood awkwardly not sure what to do or say.

"River explained everything, relax it wasn't even your fault. Come seat." Scarlett pats the seat next to her.

I gave a soft smile of appreciation as I took a seat.

"By the way this is my boyfriend Chris and that's Brandon." Jasmine says. Oh she has a boyfriend.

"Hey, nice hair." Brandon says.

"Thank you." I replied.

Lunch time was nice and Brandon turned out to that be Laura's wolf boyfriend and Chris is a warlock. They are best friends and some kind of comedic duo. The diversity in this place baffles me. I thought the species all hated each other but clearly I was wrong. The historics were liars.

From across the cafeteria, my eyes thought it was okay to wonder around and end up meeting with Storm's. There is something about him that pulls me in and I don't like it one bit. With River I know exactly how to act and he is sweet, nice and easy to talk to. He's the kind of guy who would attract you with both his looks and his personality.

Storm is the type of person who would attract you with his looks and behaviour in a way. He has a shitty personality and I haven't talked to him enough to know that. We were just there with our eyes meeting, no one said anything and no one backed down.

I gave him the same bored expression I gave River to show him that I'm one of the people that are not scared of him. I was surprised when he gave me a once over and smirked. I lifted an eyebrow confused by his actions. He started saying something to his friend which caused me to stop gawking at him.

Once my focus was back on the table, I saw Scarlett eating my grapes with a look of suspicion. Her eyes narrowed as she chewed them like she had some sort of beef with them.