Chapter 26

Storm's POV

Something feels off. Demetria wasn't showing any emotion, at all. She seemed to be enjoying our kiss and I enjoyed too. I have been wanting to kiss her since I met her and that's how it felt when she returned it. Like she felt the same way.

I'm not sure if she's mad at me or not right now. I thought we would be better now but I guess not. I'm pretty sure the Demetria I met a month ago was different, nicer, a breath of fresh air even if she wasn't the nicest person. She was pure was more than these people. But they changed her, I'm part of that. I wanted her to change but now I can see it wasn't the greatest idea. I think the Demetria her mother raised was the original one and was better than the that is constantly questioning people's motives. Even my own.

I didn't know what was going on in her head. I still won't abuse my powers by crossing boundaries.

"So..." She finally said as she stood on the other side of the bed. She clearly wanted distance for what she was about to say. I have a feeling it isn't good. "So, for over a month of me being here. You were able to keep away for that long?"

Her question caught me off guard. I didn't expect it.

"I-" I suddenly failed to deliver an answer.

"From my knowledge of mates, mate bonds are too strong to keep away for that long. Especially for Royals, but you did?" She says. She makes a good point but then it wasn't easy for me either.

"Demetria.." I say trying make her listen. Although I wasn't sure what I wanted to say.

"Saying we're mates makes a lot of sense and explains a lot. But it doesn't explain how you let me go la loca for almost a month. You almost killed me, what was that about?" She says.

"I was never going to kill you. I smelled a male on you and your fear it made me want to mark you." I remember that day clearly.

My jealousy overtook me because the male that was all over her wasn't River. I don't trust anybody but River.

"Yeah? Well I'm never passing by that place. I have a feeling it will only bring me nightmares." She says as she flops on the bed.

"I'm sorry, Demetria. I will apologize as long as you want me to." I say getting closer to her.

"I just wanted to sleep." She mumbles more to herself.

"Then let's sleep."

"Here? Together? In the same bed?" She asks.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"You said we weren't going to sleep together." She says.

"That's as before I told you that you're my mate. I have been needing to be close to your for weeks so I'm not going anywhere love." I say getting closer. Her heart started beating fast, I love when that happens.

"What happens tomorrow?" She says changing the topic. I decided if she was going to do that, she was going to be resting on my chest so I pulled her to me. "Wait!"

She protested but it was too late.

"Relax Demetria." Luckily she obeyed. "Tomorrow entirely depends on you mate."

"So.. we are hiding it?" She asks.

"Is that what you want?" I asked.

"I want what you want." I looked down on her and her head lifted so she was looking at me.

"Demetria, I had a talk with my siblings. And the two headmistresses you saw today. I'm planning to claim you as mine from now on, I don't care who knows." Her expressions shows a bit of shock. "But if it's not what you want... I'll respect that."

"I'm just thinking. What if your parents know about it." She says resting her head back on my chest. Demetria's fear is so easy to smell. She hardly ever has any fear and that's what makes me proud of her. But it's clear she's scared of my parents.

"They will have to accept it. I'm not driving you la loca any longer." She chuckled at my statement.

She didn't say anything more as she continued to rest on my chest. Rain was pouring outside though it was loud, it was also relaxing. Her heartbeats were now steady to show she was now sleeping. I slowly felt myself losing conscious also. I am never letting her go, to hell with my parents and their stupid rules.

.....................

I woke up when I felt something missing. The spot next to me was empty but that's not how it was yesterday. Then it hit me, Demetria!

I jerked up from the bed and saw age was no longer there. I'm a light sleeper how the hell did I not feel her leaving. As soon as I got off from the bed, the bathroom door opened and Demetria came out in only a towel and her damp hair that almost looked darker than their striking white colour.

I couldn't help scan her, though my scan was to see if she was okay and if she had any other injuries. I noticed her shoulder was okay. But apart from that, her cheeks were.. pink? Is she blushing?

"Your shoulder..." I trailed off as I focused on one thing that was very odd.

"I heal fast." She answers my unasked question.

I then noticed the tattoos on bother of her arms. Those light blue patterns that took my attention before. I just noticed that she doesn't usually show those.

"You know you're late right?" She says taking my attention.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You're a heavy sleeper. I tried." She says.

"Did you really?" She gave me a sheepish grin.

"Not really. And you're not late. I'm just not used to sleeping with someone so I woke up really early." She says heading for the closet.

I got relieved knowing I won't be rushing myself. I smile knowing she was trying to make me panic. She's a good actress isn't she?

"Tell me about your arms." I say in a normal voice tons but I knew she could hear me.

"If you tell me about your tattoos." She shouted from the closet.

Getting to know about Demetria gets interesting everyday. Her boldness always bewilders me. But besides from that, today will be an interesting day.

I will be showing affection to my mate as I was supposed to. Claiming her so none of these low-level species and thirsty, bitter kids keep their distance. They sure will forget about last night. I should get ready, the day will be very long.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️