Chapter 25

Demetria's POV

All the sleep in me was gone, I don't know what time it was but I knew i shouldn't be looking at Storm this long. Come on say something dimwit!

"I- uh.." I cleared my throat to get my voice back. "I'm just gonna go." I say turning on my heel.

"We need to talk." He says before I managed to escape. I stopped on my tracks giving a long and exasperated sigh. This is the slowest night ever.

"Put on a t-shirt first." I say.

"Why? Am I distracting you?" His voice was somewhat lower and more seductive. Luckily I wasn't in much of a mood for that tonight. I still very much want to sleep.

"You make my life complicated. Put on a t-shirt." I say honestly.

He does make my life complicated and I was done being a puppet now. I just wanted to study and go work like a normal human.

"Sit on the bed, I'll go get a t-shirt." He says.

I did as he said but I made sure not to look at him as I went to sit on the edge of the bed. I am not that short but my feet still dangled on the bed as I sat there. I tried not to think about his abs but then again I saw tattoos. He had tattoos and it made too much sense. Although he definitely made it work.

I felt his presence closer making my eyes rise to look up at him. He was finally wearing a t-shirt but that wasn't enough. He was still gorgeous as it hugged his beautifully jacked body. He's body is as big as his ego, yeah I said it.

"I really enjoy you checking me out." He says.

I don't reply as I give him lazy look to show I'm not interested in his horrible attempt to flirt. He took a chair by the wall and put it just in front of me. He was taller standing and he was taller sitting down, unfair. He sat on the chair and had my legs in between his. This was not part of the deal, he's too close.

"Why are you this close? What are you doing." I asked.

"You never told me not to be." He says.

"Well I am now." I say looking for an escape but he already had me caged in.

"I just want to talk, Demetria." Now he is saying my name and making everything tenfold more difficult.

"Talk and be done with it." He smirks at me, why is he doing that.

"Okay, I wanted to tell you that... you're mine." His words held hesitation and he took a pause as if thinking about what he wanted to say.

"What?" Yeah what? My inner voice agrees with me, what does he mean? No one shall claim me I am not property.

"You're my mate, Demetria." I paused at that. Did he just say what I think he said?

I didn't learn much about mates because that was definitely out of the picture considering I'm a Fae but I definitely know what that means. He's a full vampire telling me I'm mated to him, what in the hell??

"Funny, I'm laughing" I say sarcastically.

"You know you feel the pull, you're just confused as to what it is." I think about it for a second, I don't think he's wrong, is he? I know I'm insanely attracted to him but I liked River too.

"But I kissed River, h-" I stopped myself when his eyes immediately turned a dark violet when I mentioned that kiss I guess that's why he was pissed at River.

"I'm sorry." I say in a low voice as I looked at my palms.

"It's okay. I tried to push you away because I know my parents or anyone in the vampire kingdom will never want you on the throne with me but, I can't keep away from you. I don't really want to, especially when you are now in danger." I didn't know how to react but just stare in his now beautiful ocean eyes. I never noticed that they had some green in them.

"I- I'm sorry." I guess that's all I was able to say.

"Stop apologising, Demetria." He says in a warning tone.

"I made your life a mess. I'm always going to apologize." I say.

"You didn't, I needed you and I didn't even know but I was fortunate enough to have you here, apologising for nothing." I smiled at his joke. "Do you know what I've always wanted to try?" I shook my head as I still didn't have anything to say.

He got up from his chair so he was towering over me and he tilted my head up to face him so I looked up at him. He bent down and I didn't have any will to stop him.

And just then... I felt his lips against mine and I could feel a chill going through all over my body like I'm exposed to a snowy day with no jacket. I love snowy days I love his kiss, MY GOODNESS.

His kiss was soft and gentle but for some reason it was definitely not enough. I involuntarily got up too while locking lips with him and I felt his hand slip to my waist as mine went to his hair. Yeah this is why coming here was a bad idea. But it wasn't either.

The kiss of course got heated considering this is definitely something I've been wanting for over a month and it felt like it was the same for him too. His hands touched the parts of my body that ended up being hurt. I winced making him break the kiss way quicker than it came.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." He says. He thinks it's my shoulder, I don't think I want him to know about the other bruises. I have never had someone touch me this close before.

"It's... okay." I looked at him in the eyes. For some reason, my mind was giving me all these negative thoughts.

Storm is acting way different than usual, my insecurities are getting the better of me. I'm not insecure with the way I look, the way I look is a beauty standard in a lot of places. Pale skin, blue eyes, thick lips and somewhat of a petite body and an innocent face. But this is not what this is about, how come he was able to keep away for so long if a mate bond, like most people say, is strong?

"Can you read my mind?" I decide to ask something else, if I project my insecurities then I am most likely to lose dignity, it's pathetic to do that in my own opinion. But another thing that has been bothered me, is what Stefanos said a while ago.

"What?" He asks looking confused. His hand was still on my cheek but it was slowly slipping away.

"Have you been reading my mind?" I repeat my question, only more clearer this time.

"Yes.." He says slowly. "But only when needed. I like to respect your privacy." He replies.

I didn't say anything as I looked into his eyes. I don't know what expression my face was showing but his didn't show anything. Was it good for him to read my mind? I don't know. I started moving away from him as my thoughts came back to confusion.

I'm not sure how to feel, yet again nothing has changed. I still feel like I need to shut down my feelings.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️