Chapter 41

Demetria's POV

I woke up nearly two hours ago. They filled me in on what happened whilst I was sleeping. Me on the other hand couldn't exactly tell them about my dream yet. How do I tell my friends that I have come to a conclusion they might be resurrection of the people who helped for my birth?

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." I replay the words in my head. What did she mean by that? Are they going to die? My friends?

If they die it would be because I failed to protect them. They are determined to help me but could they be putting themselves in danger? I don't want anyone to die, no I'm not ready.

"Hey." I jerked up at the foreign voice in the room causing me to turn around.

I was brushing my hair trying not to think about my mother's dead body of which I haven't seen yet. I want to see her again, my heart is not fully healed at all but something in me told me I will see her again. So I held on to that.

I turn around to be met by Storm's blue eyes. They looked dull, he looked tired like he hadn't slept. Like something has been eating him up and I'm scared that it's whatever he is here for right now.

I wanted to get up and hug him so tight so I can feel better. But something about it wasn't sounding right. Why do I feel like I would be committing a crime because he's supposed to be mine and I do wany him. But the way isn't so great anymore.

"Hey," I reply after observing him for a few moments. He walks slowly inside the room and then closes the door behind him.

"We need to talk." He says getting straight to the point. No how are you, no beating around the bush or at least making some stupid some to remove the tension. Nothing, at all.

"Sure." I say as I walk to sit on the bed. I pat next to me so he sits as well.

He looked at me for a drawn moment the he looked at the spot next to me. He seemed to be thinking thoroughly about his next move. Again, I would've never respected his privacy and not read his mind.

Nonetheless, he walks towards the spot and sits on it but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. Like he didn't want to at all.

"So what is so important?" I ask breaking the silence.

He took a deep breath before he spoke. As if contemplating his next words, he starts to open his mouth but doesn't immediately speak. His actions show how nervous he is and he's not hiding it like normal Storm would.

"About us.." He trails off when he managed to say the first words. Then he sighs, his sigh looks and sounds defeated.

"Demetria." He changes his words and takes my hand. My hand on his feels unusual right now. Not special or anything. I don't feel what I've felt before and I'm not sure what is it that I was expecting but at the same time I know what.

"Do you feel that?" He says as he rubs my hands softly.

"I'm- I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel." It's true I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say.

"Exactly." He replies. "There's supposed to be sparks at our contact but.. there isn't." He says.

I scrunched my eyebrows when I finally realise, he's right. That's what what was missing. The sparks I used to feel, where are they?

"What happened?" I asked curiousity taking over.

"They are gone, Demetria." He lets go of my hand. My body doesn't protest as it usually does. It was like I was just touching Stefanos, a normal friend. Nothing else.

"What does that mean?" I frowned feeling all this being very odd.

"Our mate bond. It's.. gone." He says. The words do not register in my head as I cock my head to the side in confusion. "It broke Demetria. We are no longer mates."

I know that's where this was leading but I couldn't help my heart from shattering into pieces in my ribcage. It was already unstable with the many cracks and a single tap was all that was left to have it fall all over my chest. As if I had dirt all over my lungs my breathing started to pick up.

"Wait-" My mind was quick to think about the positives. "It doesn't mean we have to break up does it? I mean, unless you were with me because of the mate bond." It hurt to say that last part.

"Of course not." He took my hands in his again. "I want to be with you because you are amazing." He says.

"But?" I could sense there was more to that. He sighs again.

"But, I'm a vampire. A mate bond only breaks if you're not true mates. Which means.." He trails off again.

"You have a true mate out there." I finish his words. Now that sent another stab at my heart. The more this conversation goes, the colder my heart turns. The more my ucr finds its way to it, to freeze it so I won't feel. Maybe that's what I should do, stop feeling.

"I don't want to let you go." He says. And I don't want to be a stand in for someone else.

"But you should." My demeanor changed that very moment. I stood up from the bed and he only looked at me waiting for me to speak.

I didn't have anything else to say. Staying with me would be breaking more than just two hearts. I can't do what Crystal was doing no way. I have a purpose and I guess finding love isn't part of my journey. The goal is what I should be focusing on.

"I'm really so-" I lifted my hand so he doesn't continue.

"Don't be, none of this is your fault. Or anyone's. If our time is meant to end at this moment then I am happy with every memory we shared." I tried to sound convincingly okay with it but I wanted to cry all over again. Is this getting dumped? Damn I never got to experience it. He removed himself from the bed to stand in front of me.

His tall frame made me have to look up to face him as he looked down at me. Hurt and relief in his eyes as he looked at me. My attention was suddenly taken by a hand that was moving up to touch my face. I wanted to stop him but u didn't. I let his hand cup my right cheek as he stepped closer.

His actions made me realise that what  I felt before was gone but he is still a really attractive person with memories that made me happy so him coming closer was making my heart best faster as if it held life.

He pulled me until his lips met my forehead. My hands itching to hug him and return him touching me but I didn't. Why should I touch him? He isn't mine. He was never really mine. I don't have anything or anyone of my own. They are wrong, I am alone.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️