Chapter 44

Storm's POV

I was pissed as I reached the kitchen. Stefanos was already sitting there with a laptop in his hands. He's been trying to draw up our plan since we know Aradia's run down building unit.

Scarlett is good at a hacking job but we have no concentration at this moment from her. This blue eyed bombshell of a person who calls himself Demetria's brother distracted her.

Speaking of Demetria...

I'm still as in love with her as I was. Her whole personality draws me in and according to River, his attraction was because of the power she so shamelessly walks around with. I don't think it's just that, Demetria is a phenomenal person and I want her. I want her so much it hurts. I want her and I don't like that I do, I don't have any right to.

I wanted to kiss her, even if it was for the last time, I wanted her lips on mine. But Damien has horrible timing. Her heart was beating so loud I loved the sound of it. She didn't want to stop me even though I was hoping she wouldn't but she wasn't. I don't think she realised she was also leaning in but she was too distracted to know. We want each other but the fear is too great.

"You tried to kiss her didn't you?" Stefanos chirped as I took out a beverage from the fridge. I huffed not replying to his question.

"What happened?" This time he raised his head so he was looking at me.

"Nothing." I kept my answer short and cold to show him I wasn't interested in anything he has to say.

"I could feel the lust and the sexual tension from you two all the way from the other side of the house. Those feelings will destroy one of you. They must be shut down." He keeps it real and raw to show he's serious. He's not wrong. Wanting someone you know you can't have never had good a outcome but I can't help it.

"I know that Stefanos. I know the closer we are getting to Aradia, the more apart we are. And soon I won't even see her." I say as I take a sit.

"You also know if you found your mate soon, it's not her you'll want. You will hurt her, you will hurt both of them." I hate that he's right. I do need to let her go.

I can't be with Demetria anymore considering she's not my mate, she was never my true mate. I have to give her that opportunity to fall in love, even if I end up getting hurt in that process because I don't want to see her with anyone else. Another reason is that if I was so consumed by someone who's not my mate, I don't know if I would find my mate. I could hurt her of she knew I loved another, I also wouldn't be able to stay with the person I am with because I couldn't choose anyone but my mate.

My life keeps getting complicated.
.................................................................

Demetria's POV

My tummy was erupting in butterflies and my heart was beating that it almost made my ears ring. I felt warm and fuzzy inside but mostly, I had thoughts that I am very banned from thinking. At that moment that Storm was close to me, I knew getting over him is another obstacle in my life that I'd have to overcome.

I know he feels he can't be with me but what about what I want? Although my needs exceed my wants. I have bigger responsibilities and bigger problems than having to be worrying about being with someone. From now on, I am removing Storm from my mind and heart. But I have to remove him from my mind first so my heart could forget him.

Although he was out of my mind as soon as Damien entered. His energy is strong, not as strong as a royal but as an old vampire. Stefanos taught me that, to differentiate between a royal vampire and an old one. He's an old vampire therefore strong but he's not Storm and Scarlett. He does say he's not supposed to be able to fight Storm and River but somehow he has that strength, just like he has royal powers but he's still not royal by blood.

Damien's energy was like a slap in the face, I don't fully trust him yet that thing inside of me tells me I should. Another thing tells me that he is someone who's been spying on me for years, he's knows a lot about me that even people I know don't know that much about me.

"How are you feeling?" His sudden question pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked as soon as I brought my attention here again and away from my suffocating thoughts.

"How are you feeling? You know, about the other day." He says. Now that was a slap in the face, he reminded me of something I almost forgot. Mom.

I turned away from him not sure how to reply, why does he ask me that stupid question?

"I have no feeling about it. I just want to save my people and leave." I answered honestly. I see why I almost forgot, I have been trying to get it out of my mind and it worked at the most but now it's back. I cried until I passed out the other day.

"Wanting him is okay you know, but he thinks of his selfish desires more than the outcome. Don't do the same thing. You will get hurt." He says. He says it like I didn't know that, I don't need to be lectured right now.

"Damien, we're not going to discuss my love life." I crossed my arms as I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Very well, I can leave tomorrow to contact my friends. But I believe we must bury her as soon as we are done with Aradia." He informs me. I agree with him. I need a proper burial for mom but it can't be just anywhere. I want it next to where my parents lie.

"About that, would it be okay to bury her where the Fae King and Queen were buried?" His face showed shock but it immediately went away. Usually I wouldn't care about his opinion but considering he is my brother, I have to.

"I think that's a great idea. Scarlett informs me her body is being kept safe and taken care of. She needs an honourable funeral." I cracked a small smile to show I appreciate that he agrees with me. I just met Damien, maybe I can't even be making such drastic decisions but he's one of the people in my life I would die protecting. Not just because he's the only family I have, but also because he means everything to someone who's been there for me when I felt I didn't have anyone.

Now Aradia, I am more than ready for her.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️