Chapter 47

Scarlett's POV

It was a mess, there was blood all around. Wolfhounds, Aradia's acolytes and these two girls we do not even know where they are from. Paving a way for Demetria I guess wasn't as easy as we thought.

I was fighting a woman that kept using wind to knock me out but I was still strong in enough to stand and not be blown away. If I could touch her then I would end her. Out of nowhere, another girl showed up she had red hair, eyes and was wearing clothes similar to this one but hers were red whereas this one were sage. As she lifted her hands ready to attack me, I was trapped because if I let go from the one pushing me with wind I could and up stabbed in the back by a blade not to far from me but my calculations tell me it is in the right angle for my heart when I let go.

Before I could register it, the fire girl was tackled to the ground by who seemed to be Stone. Then I heard people shouting at each other not to far from here.

"Damien are you crazy?! You're gon-" She didn't finish her sentence as I heard my mate's growl making my head snap to where it came from.

Wait, is he fighting Demetria? What the hell is going on? Anger in me flared as I put two and two together, I turned my attention back on the woman as I growled in anger. I managed to push back her wind and take a step closer. Her face looked appalled at my actions as I continue, I took steps forward until I was able to dodge her wind and headed for her. I used my speed so she wouldn't blow me away again and then in a minute, I had her by the neck.

She didn't smell like blood but like chemicals, I held her jaw and her shoulder, using my strength I separated her head from her body. I took deep breaths at the satisfaction of the kill, and then I turned back to Demetria and Damien.

Damien already overpowered her as he held her by the neck, on her knees and holding her hands behind her back as she looked at the battle. I was happy to see none of our own were killed yet and River was taking out all frustration to these things in his wolf form.

I made my way to Damien, as I got closer I heard his voice.

"You couldn't beat me without your powers, Demetria so kill me! Show me what you are!" He shouted in her ear making her eyes close shut.

"Your my.. b- broth-" She struggled to say as she tried to wiggle herself free.

"Don't call me that!" He seethed in her ear. "My parents are gone because of you. You were NEVER my sister!"

This has gone on for too long. I noticed he didn't see me there so I sped towards them and managed to tackle him without touching Demetria. The sparks from the contact felt like betrayal, how could he do this? He growled as he pushed me from him but it didn't hurt as I expected him to push me off like I'm nothing.

He was quick to get on his feet and so was I. He stopped in his tracks as he saw that it was me now in front of him.

"What are you doing?" My voice came out gentler than intended.

"This is beyond you Scarlett." He dismisses me as he turns around to walk away from me, behind him I saw Demetria who wasn't sure whether she stays and helps or she leaves.

"No it's not!" I ran around him so I was blocking him from going to her again.

"Get out of my way, mate." His voice was demanding. I don't know who told him he can order me around just because he's centuries old and strong. People need to stop thinking I'm a weakling.

"Demetria, leave. I have this." I say looking deep in his eyes as he looked in mine.

She didn't protest before she left us there. He looked down at me, eyes blaring with anger, they were more Scarlett than I am. I stood and held my posture waiting for his next move. He's not going to dismiss me like I am a nobody.

"What are you going to do? You're gonna stand there or you're going to fight?" I asked making his expression change from anger to shock.

"Fight you? I won't fight my mate." He replied coldly. The word mate doesn't sound as good as it did a few days ago. He was a completely different person or he wasn't, he just hid the real him.

"I'm not your mate, Damien. My mate could never attempt to kill my friend." I seethed taking him by surprise.

"Friend? You mean the person who led you to an unimaginable battle? Who will get you killed?!" His voice was louder as he took threatening steps towards me. I don't move.

"We all came here because we wanted to. We are doing the right thing, helping someone we care about but you wouldn't know." He growled in disapproval, instinct made me charge at him as I went to try and punch him but he was dodging my attacks.

"Scarlett, stop this! I don't want to hurt you!" He pushes me away from him.

"You already did, Damien. You're on the opposite side now right?" I say as I stood to catch my breath.

"I'm not with Aradia." He spat to show he has a clear hatred for her too.

"Yes you are. You try to kill Demetria then you are!" I say as tears threatened to come out.

"You don't understand, both my parents died because of her. I hadn't seen my mother in over a century because she didn't want to get rid of her! She died for Demetria and I couldn't even do anything about it!" I saw vulnerability in him but I saw hatred even more.

"You think she's not hurt about that? None of us would be helping Demetria if we didn't know her because none of us didn't want a Fae in our school but now we know the type of person she is." I say taking steps forward. He wasn't looking at me but he could feel me getting closer.

"Manipulative?" He asked as he calmed again looking at me menacingly with his red eyes.

"Caring. She's not the one that killed your parents, Aradia did. She's here to kill Aradia because it's her who caused all the suffering. All Demetria did was exist and you punish her for that. Just like we did. Your mother is the only person that never did." I say as I read his body language. He was thinking. His hands ran through his hair frustratingly as he battled with his thoughts.

He lifted his head once again and now I saw his blue eyes, his eyes blaring once more before he took of running towards me. I decided not to fight, if he wanted to he could kill me. I've needed my mate for so long only for him to try and kill me, and that's okay. If it will make him suffer and know that he did it to himself. The pain never reached me as a gush of wind passes by me. I quickly turn around to see him holding down one of the men on Aradia's side and bit him.

His screams filled the field mixed with a bunch of others with growls. Was he going to attack me? Damien turned around with blood on his lips and faced me again.

"I'm sorry." He says now in his normal voice. The voice I thought I'd never hear again, I took a sigh of relief knowing I finally got through him. Points for Scarlett!

I ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug of which he returned, tightly holding on to me as if it's what he has been needing. Or maybe it's exactly what he needed.

"I'm really, really sorry." I hear sniffles from him turning my eyes in to waterfalls as I felt him being fully vulnerable for the first time. I got my my mate back, thank Erebus I got my mate back.

Just as we were hugging, a we hear a loud crash making us turn around only to find Demetria in the air with Aradia still fighting but they were falling down the huge building floors.

Oh no.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️