Chapter 36

Storm's POV

We haven't exactly gone anywhere with Aradia. It's not like we could find her when she doesn't want to be found. It bothers me so much to know Demetria is forced to face the most powerful witch there ever was. All for what? For existing?

I'm the biggest dickhead out of all of these people because the very existence of her disgusted me, I hadn't even met her. I keep thinking and lecturing myself about it because if she wasn't meant to be with me, I'd hurt her. Mate or not, Demetria is so much that people do not understand. And I am crazy and utterly in love with it, all she had to do was smile at me.

I decided to go home today and check how things have been for the past few days. My parents' silencing is louder than Aradia's sick tricks. They are another problem in my life. I know for a fact my father does not want outsiders in our home, I fear his reaction of an outsider in our very throne.

Home was a mess that I couldn't even go back to school in time. Camilla told my parents about Demetria, they hadn't found out. She wanted them to keep her away from me but it's not like they could anyway. If Demetria is my Queen chosen by Erebus then they can't do anything about it.

"This is pathetic even for you." I spat as she entered my room. I was into my reading ignoring my parents' rage and my brother's annoying jokes. She calmly sat on the bed and pulling out her phone.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Her voice was her usual strong but soft as she spoke. I once liked the sound of her voice but now it sounds like a loud screeching sound on a silent night, disturbing the most sensitive nerves in my strong hearing ears.

"I'm only going to say this once Camilla, stay away from my mate or I'll make you." I duck my head back down as I focused on the book in my hand.

I came here to calm my mind, also because I wanted time to pass so I can go to my mate after school and take her to my brother's home. I should get us out own home, so many things are hard to do considering the idiot can get in any time he wants.

"Or what? Can't you see she has bewitched you? Why out of all the people in that school? Why not River?" Her voice gets louder with her words as it gets more annoying.

"I don't know and I don't fucking care. She's not a witch, she doesn't even know any spells." My voice was getting louder. I have never raised my voice at Camilla, I never had to buy she was pushing every button and it gets worse. I may have cared for her in the past but we are far from equals.

The only person who can say or treat me like shit and I'd still follow her around is Demetria. No one else.

"How do you know that??!" She was now standing and the hurt in her voice caught me off guard.

"Because I can read everyone's mind Camilla. I don't want to hurt anyone so please make this easier." My voice was softer this time as I tried reducing the increase of emotions now. Like I said, I once cared for her, I do not want to say things I will regret
L
"I hate her! And if you won't rid of her, I will!" She seethed. Her eyes were glassy but the emotion in her eyes was alarming.

"If you so as touch my mate, Camilla. I don't care how important your family is, I will make you a rogue. Don't test my patience." Her face looked shocked but she also looked pissed. I never tell someone something that I won't do. If she really knows what's best for her, she will listen to me before I have to take drastic measures. No one is saying anything or touching Demetria without suffering physical consequences. I have been nice for too long.

She stormed out with a lot of unpleasant curse words. As long as she was gone.

It was almost time for me to head back to school so I tried to make my escape. As I walked down the halls about to make my exit, I hear someone calling me which made me stop in my tracks.

"My prince, forgive me for calling you like this but the Queen has requested your presence." Pierce, one of the royal guards says as he bows to me.

I nod and I follow him as he lead me to where my parents are. I wasn't feeling like talking therefore I did not want to ask him what this was about.

"Layla must be leaving right now, she's been waiting for too long. I can't believe my daughter finally has the opportunity to go to Havard. But this job is demanding." I read his mind and his only thoughts were about his daughter. Maybe he doesn't know why I'm called here.

As soon as I was behind my parents' door, I stopped to look at him as he waited to be dismissed.

"Don't take orders from anyone else now, catch your daughter before she leaves for college." I say and before he could even register what I said, I was opening the doors to my father's office.

"Mother, father." I say earning their attention.

My mother was seated on my father's office desk while he sat behind it on the chair. They were having a good conversation and we're very close to each other that my first thought was that they were going to kiss if that's not what they were already doing.

"Storm honey, were you leaving so soon?" My mother asks.

"I was supposed to hours ago. I have to go back to my mate." I see my father's scowl at the word.

"Storm, you already know that we must meet your mate before you take the throne." Father says sternly. His time of voice left no space for arguements.

"You're going to meet her when the time is right." I replied.

"You mean when all the powerful evils are done hunting her down?" I froze at his words. Camilla wouldn't dare would she?

"That is also my problem." My father smirked at my words. I do not know what is tickling him but it sure isn't good.

"Indeed, son. When you have been given the burden of babysitting a freak of nature it takes most of your time." He emphasized the word burden to show his distaste.

"Stephan!" Mother exclaims at his words.

His words stung more than I cared to admit. He is trying to rile me up to make some stupid point. Though I could feel the change of my eyes was violet, I still held my tongue. He's not worth the energy.

"Did you summon me to tell me how much you hate my mate? Because I couldn't care less." I say calmly. Though the words in my mind had less venom than they did coming out.

"She's not taking our throne, whether you like it or not." He replies.

"Then I guess neither am I." I stood to my full length as I fixed my shirt to get ready to leave.

"Son, you're the rightful heir. You can't abandon the throne." My mother tried to reason with her rosy soft voice.

"I also can't choose anything but my mate, mother." I say my attention now turned to her.

I averted my eyes to my father to see his eyes have turned their usual intimidating scarlet red. I get my purple colour from my mother, whereas Scarlett gets hers from our father. Her eyes are usually green like our mother but her monster makes them crimson red. She keeps them that way because she says it goes with her look, the real reason is that her insecurities say our blonde mother makes them look better than her. She has a very low self-esteem yet she's amazing. I won't tell her that though.

My blue eyes came from our grandfather, whereas our father has brown eyes. I am only my father by the way I look not my personality. My brother on the other hand, his hazel brown eyes, his raven black hair and his daunting personality are not the only thing that my father likes about him, his strong belief and loyalty to the throne are part of it.

I left them without another word and with my father's eyes on me as I exited. I can't read his mind but I know from that expression he expected my words. I've never exactly done right by him, though everyone thinks "I'm the golden boy." I am only the son that got stuck with the throne, now I have a reason to turn it down if have to.

...................................................................

Every comments matters so don't forget to vote and comment. Have enjoy♥️