Stranger Interactions

Unknown POV

"She won the new comer's battle? That only means she can fight not that she can use her powers." I recall the old oracle say that those who fail to use the immense power they behold are doomed to be consumed by it, or embrace it.

A mere 17 year old girl holds a power equal to a God's. She can either be our salvation or our destruction.

"I think she more like doesn't want to use her powers because she knows the danger." My daughter tried to reason.

"No child, the prophecy says she doe not have a heart of good . You had better not be attached to it like those little friends of yours." She is soft like I hadn't given birth to her, it disgusts me how her father tainted her. "I want more information, study her, use spells or whatever your witch family taught you." My daughter's father was a warlock, he was one of three who saved our people from extinction.

We have been in hiding from the species that murdered our families and our younglings. We are protected by our guardians, from the creation of our leader, the wolfhound demons. They are all convinced that the wolfhound demons are from the creation of the God of Evil, Hades. They fear him therefore they do not dare to question him endangering their people. That is why they still do not know who is really behind it.

For years we had hoped the old Queen's prophecy of a child born after three centuries to save our kind, or destroy it if tainted was true.  Most of us were convinced otherwise, that it was nothing but a tale because that child was born of betrayal.

"You speak as if she is not one of us, one of you." She argues.

"She's a chimaera, born of two DNAs of different species. Just like you are a hybrid, she's not one of us." She looked taken aback by my words.

"I am not like the witches!" She seethed as her eyes glow from her anger.

"Then prove it to me by finding the Fae's weakness. We have no time to ask for her powers because some of our people are already dying without a true leader. We must take the power from her." She agrees with me.

Our saviour was finally born, like our Queen said a long time ago, we will rise again. We will be superior.

"And Jasmine," I stop her before she left. "Her downfall will make you one of us. Remember that."

~~~

Demetria's POV

It has been a week since I won the new comer's battle. I didn't know that earned you a reputation at the school. It's not because you win against 5 poorly skilled kids but because you managed to impress the Vampire Prince. Who apparently doesn't get easily impressed.

Even if I won, if I won without impressing him it wouldn't mean anything. So how did I impress him?

He is a tough mentor, he is not the nicest person in the school either. He observes more than he speaks. He trains more than he hangs out with his friends and people say that is hot. I say it is an introverted gorgeous specimen that likes to keep to himself and stay fit, a very healthy life if you ask me.

Every now and then we make eye contact because I can't freaking not look at him. He always wears this bored expression as if he has zero problems and everything is going well. I came to notice he had a beauty spot next to his lips, the lips I keep thinking about a lot.

I have only had one boyfriend in my life and that lasted three weeks. I feared my feelings getting the best of me, especially if I'm horny so I refused him many things. Sometimes I even feared kissing him. So all I do is dream and never attempt to date, why? Because I am one of the universe's worst mistakes.