Chapter 28

Demetria's POV

I have just been told that I am mates with the prince of vampires. People are already speaking and whispering. Funny how I'm already so used to being a scandal, it doesn't bother me that much.

Class is a few minutes till it ends so I get to another one. As the teacher wrote on the bored I felt someone poking me. I turn around to be met by some random guy with crimson dyed hair.

"So you decided to fuck him too huh?" He whispered. His whisper was more of in a mocking tone making everyone who heard him silently chuckle under their breaths. I sighed and closed my eyes. I was contemplating whether I should reply or not. I decided not to.

"So how about you fuck me too heh?" The person next to him says. I felt the sudden rage of their degrading words.

"Keep your dusty dick to yourself Ethan." A girl seethed from the other row.

It was the same girl who put Theo in his place. River's now ex girlfriend. I didn't get her name, nor did I know he had a girlfriend until the rumours after our kiss.

"Miss Wilston! That language is not acceptable in class." The teacher said making everyone stay quiet.

I turned around to and met her eyes. She winked at me which made me give a little smile. I know that she's in a lot of my classes I just never got the chance to speak to her.

Class was quick to end and we had to rush to another one. I decided I should talk with the girl.

I waited for her to finish up before I approached her. She was talking to someone.

"Hi." I say hesitantly.

"Oh hey, Demetria right?" She says.

"Yeah, we haven't officially met." I say.

"River has been caught up in alpha duties, training duties and whatever other duties he promised to introduce us a while ago." She says. "It doesn't matter though, I'm Crystal."

She seems to know a lot about him. I hope I didn't ruin their relationship.

"It's nice to meet you, Crystal. Thank you, for defending me again." I say.

We started walking to our next class. She's in all of my classes except Science. Well I am in a class of seniors in that one.

"You know, not to be a gossip bird about your life too, I really thought you and River were somewhat mates. That's why we broke up." She explains.

"I'm sorry for coming between the two of you. I didn't know.." I trail off feeling guilty.

"River and I are going to find our mates sooner or later. With him thinking about you a lot, I thought you were his, but then you're pretty. You took a lot of people's attention, despite being the miracle child. You're sweet." She's the sweet one. There are sane people at this place after all. "You know, if a guy changed his attention from me to someone else, it doesn't bother me. I have options and if they are not my mate, I couldn't care less."

Is it weird to say I can feel how amazing this girl's aura is. It's like a breath of fresh air. The smell of daisy's lingers all around her.

"I admire you, Crystal. You're so.. different." I say honestly.

"Well, your are the first person who said you liked my little sister's hair on her horrid first day of school. Then you kicked the shit out of the kid that painfully kicked her out of the ring. She wouldn't stop talking about you, you know." She says looking deep into my eyes.

I was confused for a second, then I remembered. The girl with green hair.

"Wait, you don't smell like a vampire." I say. Her sister is a vampire.