Chapter 43

Demetria's POV

"Wait wait wait! You've been spying on me ever since I was born?" I exclaimed again.

What he is saying is all kinds of creepy? But even besides that, a foreign feeling in the pit of my stomach makes me want to jump up and down. I have a freaking brother! But it also makes me mad, why did I not know I had a brother? Surely mom would've told me.

"No, I've been watching over you ever since you were born schwester." The blonde haired man replied.

I took my time to analyze him. He looked so much alike with the man my mother was with in my vision. He does not look like her much but he has a thick bottom lip just like her. That alone convinces me he is telling the truth. He's fairly attractive but not for me to see him that way, just for me to say he's probably lucky in the dating department. He doesn't look the slightest bit of nice and he isn't trying to look nice either. Although he shows no distaste, he only shows how much he couldn't care less about what people think of him.

"So you watched your own mother die and didn't do anything?" Stefanos asks suddenly. My heart skipped a beat at the mention of the recent even. I'm still not over it, I am yet to bury her. I know Stefanos wouldn't just say anything to hurt me but I feel he just doesn't like him. My brother.

"Stefanos!" Cassandra scolds making him grin slyly at her. I've come to a conclusion he doesn't like him.

"Yes. I watched my mother die because she didn't want me to interfere with Demetria's life . I watched that horrid place you call a school drive her insane and I almost killed the wolf that almost killed her." His words sent the whole room into silence though they were calm filled with the accent.

"I'm really sorry." I say silently. His words make me hurt for him, what did he mean by interfering with my life?

"It's okay, Sybil's orders. I had to do what the seer asked of me, even my mother did not know of it." He replied. Everything goes back to her, she is a really big part of my life but she's not even alive for it.

"What about your mother? If she couldn't see you, you couldn't see her." Crystal says.

"I saw my mother every now and then. When my father died, I lived and protected the two of you until you were born." He explains. Oh so he had three centuries worth of memories and now she's gone. She's gone and it's my fault.

"You haven't even told us your name." Scarlett speaks making him turn to her. The way he looks at her is intense like he is battling himself with something. It's not easy to spot but something is in his mind that he hides.

"Damien. Damien Leone." He says looking at her straight in the eyes. Scarlett clearly enjoyed the intimacy of the eye contact, not caring about anyone else in the room.

I noticed neither Storm or Stefanos were enjoying it. Others were just simply intrigued by him sipping on their hot chocolate. Loki did not like it though. I guess I better call him Kyle again now. Since Scarlett clearly is into someone else.

"Demetria and Damien." Cassandra says more to herself as she lets out an innocent huff.

"Anything you have that we need help with?" Storm asks suddenly changing the topic.

"Yes actually, little Prince." He says confidently.

"Don't call me that." Storm quickly mumbles. He lets Stefanos call him his little brother but he visibly shows he hates it. I think he doesn't like being called "little" at all.

"You, Demetria, you need to free your people. Find others, lead them and rebuild your kingdom." He said what? Excuse me?

"Wait what??" Aden exclaims too.